cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC - error in transmission

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a SC that's errored out and the msg reads:

Shopping Cart # (Purch. Requisition #) ME013 Document type XXXX not allowed with doc. category B (Please check input).

The SC was created via a catalog. This doc type is set up properly in the backend and we know that because it's been in used for years now. We don't create PReq. It either creates a PO if it comes from a catalog, or special requests go to the sourcing cockpit.

Does anyone know what's causing this error? And how I can fix it?

Thanks.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign the back end document type for the attribut BSA in PPOMA_BBP for the root org unit.Message ME013 clearly says that document type which you are using now is not permitted for document category B i.e B is for Purchase req.

With Regards

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is solved and just as I suspected...it has NOTHING to do with the doc type. It has to do with the way we configured the different purchasing groups to allow them to see SC's from their CoCode only.

Thank you all.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am hoping that you can help me.

I am getting the error message ME 013, at the moment, and like you I am a little suspect if the error message is correctly indicating what the cause of the problem is. We are currently using EBP v3.0, and have never had any problem with configuration we have in place in our backend system with regard to item categories. Rather than do the double upgrade we are doing a new install of SRM 7.0, and wonder if there is something missing or incorrect with a setting in the Org Structure.

Although you mention more than one company, and at the moment I am only configuring for one company, it would be really helpful if you could tell me exactly what you did to resolve your problem.

Many Thanks

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ignore my previous note because I have managed to resolve the problem.

Kind Regards

Claire

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody please explain what exactly were the steps taken to solve this? I have similar issue.

Thank you,

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the Doc type : XXXX -Item Category : B is not linked which is throwing the error. Check with business if limits are allowed for this document type.

Solution:

Go to SPRO -in R/3

Go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing -Purchase order --Define Document Type

Select the Document Type: Click on Item categories and enter B

Hope this solves.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no need to link category B to this document type. The way the doc type is defined, it's been working just fine. We got the error when trying to test creating SC for a different company code. Certain attributes are different (such as company code, purchasing group, currency) but others are the same (BE logical system, doc type).

I have a feeling that there's something else that's causing the error. If this doc type works for CoCode A from BE system Y, then it should work for CoCode B from the same BE system. Don't you agree?

Thanks.

SN

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Believe you are in classic scenario?

what is the settings existed for define objects for backend system?

however our PO document type is mapped with PR document type in ECC.

check do you have item caegory B allowed in PR, ECC document type?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we're on classic scenario. Our SC's are not configured to create PR in the backend...only PO's so why do we need cat B type assigned to PR in the backend?

Like I said, this doc type works for this particular BE system for a different Company Code. It's not working for a new CoCode we're testing.

Thanks.

SN