Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate fields

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am starting with Adobe PDF and this things look really good. In my form I am able to add a instance in order to get a new row. Pretty cool, almost phantastic

After this first expressions the light got darker and the first questions occour. Maybe some of you can help me bringing some light into this darkness.

I have a table row with different fields. Now I would like to populate this fields (as combobox). I am doing it with a loop and $.additem(xy).

Regarding this comes the first question. Is this the correct doing or is it possible to bind my values to the field as a context? How is the "normal" way to handle the comboBoxes?

After the first value is set I would like to filter the possible values of a second combobox depending on the value of the first combobox. I would do this with the same loop like before but this time with an if-clause or is there a better "standard"/"best practice" to do so?

I have something like the following data to access. There is an context node and under this context node (data) with * items, I have the task and the description.

data[*].task

data[*].description

Is it possible to show the description in the combobox-dropdown and when the value is selected to put the task in the field?

Thank you in advance )and sorry for the bad description of the things I would like to do but it is difficult to explain because I am new to this topic),

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, Possible for context binding from WDA with Adobe form

1. Place the Interactive form UI Element in Layout of the Main view in WDA.

2. Create one root context in WDA

3. Create a two context inside of the root context, one for Master combo box and another one is Child Combo box.

4. Create child combo box is inner context of the Master Combo box. Master and child context are having two attributes like id, value.

5. Write a Supply function for the both combo box (for load values)

6. Write a Coding in child supply function for display values of the second combo box based on selecting the first combo box value.

7. Give Adobe form name in template source property of the UI element. It ask context, set the previous created context to that. Now context is bounded with Adobe form and WDA.

8. Goto the Tcode SFP, open the adobe form

9. Place the two combo box inside the form.

10. Bind the values to combo box from Data view.

11. Select the one combo box, go to the object tab, there choose the binding tab. There you see Specify Item Values, Click the link assign item text and value as $ ( it represent loading values to the combo box.) repeat for second combo box also.

12. Save and Activate the Application.

By

Parthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No ideas about my problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i haven't done much with dynamically filtering drop down values based on other input values... but, I imagine with a return trip to the backend, you could filter out values based on what was entered.

i'm not sure this is a 'recommended' method, but we do what we must..

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How are you creating the forms. Is it HCM forms or is it through web dynpro.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your replies.

I am creating the forms with WD4A. Because I am new to this topic the "best practices" are missing.

>>if you have in "Data View" a table with values for items in dropdown list, you can bind this table (and columns for the item Text and the item Value) in the properties of your dropdown list (Object->Field). Click on "List Items" and in the dialog "Dynamic properties" set the binding.

If you don't see the dialog "Dynamic properties" after clicking on "List Items", go to the menu Tools->Options, Data Binding and check "Show Dynamic Properties".<< Michal Hraba

Could someone support me with some code how to bind it via WD4A? How to filter this values?

Thank you so much,

Vanessa

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No ideas about this?