cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Application Server with less errors in the installation phase?

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all!

According to your experience, what is the trial version that has less problems to install? Is it for Windows or Linux?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the trial version that has less problems to install? Is it for Windows or Linux

It all depends upon you how comfortable you are with windows and Linux troubleshooting when error occurs.

If you follow all the Pre-requisties properly i dont think OS platform makes any difference

Regards

Uday

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar!

I agree with you but i am asking it because there are a lot of installation tutorials saying that you can progress in the installation even if you don't have all the pre-requisites needed (they are not campatible with home PCs).

I tried to install version 7.01 for Windows but it was really stressful and i couldn't do it. Although the installation was doing well when it get in the Import ABAP phase, it took more than 8 hours waiting for it to be concluded and it didn't! It cannot be normal!

Also, It seems for me that the pre-requisites are not so clear. For example: JRE 1.4.2 is needed to install netweaver but i check here in SDN that a lot of people couldn't install it with JRE 1.4.2_11 and when they change to JRE 1.4.2_8 they were successful. Both are JRE 1.4.2!

I would like to know any version which is not necessary to do a second.. third.. fourth try to install it. Maybe the new ones are not a good example of it.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I still waitng for other opinions

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i could install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version very easily.

tks everybody!

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you again!

I will try it and then return the result.

• I let 1.6GB for RAM and 4GB to page file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately i haven't tried installing any trial version yet and iam not sure about installation errors

they are not campatible with home PCs

Yes i would agree to this i have seen lot of post in SDN there is some problem with vista home edition on Trial versions

I would always recommand to use JDK1.4.2_16 which is more compatable,with 1.4.2_18 and 1.4.2_19 we are currently having massive stack overflow

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html

Note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options

when it get in the Import ABAP phase, it took more than 8 hours waiting for it to be concluded and it didn't! It cannot be normal!

It again depends upon the RAM and the virtual Memory you have and provided

Regards

Uday