Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs on Fleet Rental services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some question as per below plz provide your inputs on this :-

I have some fleets which include vehicles and trucks etc where i would maintenance in PM and at the same time do the below jobs with the fleet now tell me how to capture all this in PS module and how to integrate PS PM SD for the below :-

1.Job where the equipment or fleet is rented for a specific trip or for a specific consignment. Here the billing is per trip

2.Jobs where a truck or a crane is rented for duration for many months. Here the bill is sent monthly based on the hours of work logged during each day / shift

3.Providing a quote for a job based on the assessment of distance, costs and time involved

4.Creating a contract once the sale is finalized

5.Creating a work order to execute the contract

6. Allocating the vehicle to the work or job order

7. Allocating fuel and sundry expenses

8. Closing the job once the vehicle is back to the HQ

9. Authenticating the fuel and sundry expenses submitted by driver

Billing

10.Ability to temporarily hire-in vehicles from outside when our fleet is fully utilized

11.Ability to track mobilization / demobilization time and expense when vehicles moves to a new job

My knowledge is upto this part like fleet can be created as eqpt in PM and can be assigned to WBS in PS and maintenance against that fleet can be captured against PM maintenance order and can be posted to WBS and now on giving it for rental .. like it would be like service performed for cusotmer and billing the customer again and getting that revenue and posting to WBS .. plz tell me in detail as to how this can handled .. it would of great help to me

thanks in advance ..guys

regards

pushpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

My thoughts are as follows,

1.Job where the equipment or fleet is rented for a specific trip or for a specific consignment. Here the billing is per trip - As all these are basically equipments, you can use Measuring points and create Measurement documents to capture the allocation time and then finally bill the Customer. If you want to capture both the maintenance costs & the Revenue, you can use Customer projects. You can use the WBS elements in the Maintenance orders to settle the costs to the WBSE

2.Jobs where a truck or a crane is rented for duration for many months. Here the bill is sent monthly based on the hours of work logged during each day / shift - Again you can use the same methodology of Pt. 1

3.Providing a quote for a job based on the assessment of distance, costs and time involved - You can use the PS - SD integration for this. You can use the cost planning feature of PS module to plan the costs and use CO versions to get different type of quotation figures.

4.Creating a contract once the sale is finalized - The same will be done in SD Module.

5.Creating a work order to execute the contract - You can use CS order for the same.

6. Allocating the vehicle to the work or job order - If the vehicles are created as PRTs , I thinkg you can meet this requirement

7. Allocating fuel and sundry expenses

8. Closing the job once the vehicle is back to the HQ

9. Authenticating the fuel and sundry expenses submitted by driver

Billing

10.Ability to temporarily hire-in vehicles from outside when our fleet is fully utilized - You can have an annual rate contract with a service provider so that whenever a vehicle needs to be hired, the same can be done and the invoices submitted by the service provider can be posted through Service entry sheet with account assignment to Network activity or to the PM/ CS order.

11.Ability to track mobilization / demobilization time and expense when vehicles moves to a new job - I think through standard SAP, only Measuring points could be of much use.

and I believe you being a PM consultant you know the answers for pt 5 & 8, For pts. 7& 9, you can directly post these expenses as these are petty cash expenses.

Regards,

L.Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

any thoughts on this ..

regards

pushpa