cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have scenario in bpm were I have to use 2 fields for correlation. The scenario is I pick up the files and use branch as the correlation but now there is more than one file with the same branch in the folder the only diffrence is the timestamp. How will I be able to do this? The file name also has the timestamp if that helps.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Defineing the correlation is fine. They dump 2 files in the folder one header and one detail wich I transform into one file.I defined correlation for branch to see wich files belong together and works fine but now there will be ocasions where they dump 2 header file and 2 detail files in the folder with the same branch and the only diference is the time stamp in the file and the timestamp of the file name.

Is it possible to create 2 correlations if so wont it make it slow it's about 20 thousend lines per file?

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I get the requirement right you will have one pair of Header and Detail file which will have the Same Timestamp and then based on this timestamp value you want to correlate the two files....

What you can do then is apply a logic to get the Timestamp from the two files (Header and Detail)....and put this value in some field....then use this field to setup the correlation....

For more help on how you can get the TimeStamp value from the two files refer Adapter-Specific Message Attributes section of this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Stephan:

What do you mean

use branch as the correlation

Do you have problem of defining correlation, or problem pick up the files from same folder ?

Regards.

Liang