cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records goin to exception folder with "Ready to Import" status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts:

I am using import server to extract master data to MDM Data Manager, but after one true exception all the files keep going to the Exception folder, when I process them to the import manager through Port --> Exception folder, there are not really any exceptions, I go to Import Status tab and all of them are "ready to Import".

Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Apart from the above suggestions, one more reason might be:

You save the map as soon as you import the exception file, there might be some fiels already existing with the same exception & due to new save the status might have changed.

Regards,

Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Actually I have also faced exceptions many a times while importing files through MDIS. I would also advice you to go to the Log folder and find the error in the file. ( Open in Notepad and search for Error or Fail) It should give a good clue about the problem.

There might be a problem with the values in the in coming file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

"Ready to Import" in Import Manager means, that the field and value mapping is complete and that you can start the import process. During the import process it is possible that exceptions (e.g. value exceptions like a "Unique Constraint Violation") occure, so that the records can be imported partially only. So did you actually import the records in Import Manager?

Additionally you can have a look at the Import logs. They should contain some information why a file is placed into an exception folder.

Depending on the port configuration in MDM Console you might have to cleanup the exceptions first to unblock the port, too.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Please check the status of the Ports in MDM Console.

If it says it is blocked then definitely there will be an Exception file in your Distribution\Exception folder for the respective repository.

Open that exception file from the filesystem and try to correct the problem described in the file either with Value or structure. After revalidation delete the Exception file and check the status of port in MDM Console, it should now in Ready state/Has Data state.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After clearing the exception did you saved the map again? Also check the status of the port in the MDM Console. It should be Empty. Also check the Exception generated you will get the exact reason why the file is not getting imported.

If using Import Manager, the staus is Ready to Import, it doesn't mean that the input file the correct because there may be the exception due to the values which is thrown when you perform the import execution.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja