cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Routine for END of Datapak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am wondering how do we know if we reached the last datapak we are processing in any load. The scenario is we are loading a flat file and wanna capture all failures and finally fail the load at last if any failure is captured.

I am hence interested to know how can we decide that if we are processing the last of the series of datapak for a given load.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

Sanjeeb.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeb,

there is no endroutine until now, you have to wait for NetWeaver 2004s, than you'll have and endroutine.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeb,

create a start routine in the update or transfer rules and set the parameter abort to a value <> 0. So the request will turn red right when the first error occurs.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u mean to do this..

All valid records in the data packets must go through to data target.All error records must get collected together.

Even if error record in 1st record of 1st packet,load should go on with loading of valid records..till the last data packet,and should fail only when error record found.

U can do this by going to update tab in infopackage,clicking on the 3rd radio button.Also set no. of records upto which system should tolerate errors.

All valid records will go through and system will store the error records separately in a separate request.

These will remain in PSA without updating to target.

You can correct and load the error records request from PSA to data target.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for yet another addition, the BW I am working with is 30B and doesnt have anything special in UR/TR for end of datapacket processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add I am interested in using the udpate rule/Transfer Rule start routine rather than using any ABAP Datasource.