cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Oracle to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For one of our customers we need to do a migration of all their processes and data from Oracle (EBS) to SAP. Does anyone know if SAP provides any tooling that can help with this migration?

Thanks and kind regards,

Bertil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> For one of our customers we need to do a migration of all their processes and data from Oracle (EBS) to SAP. Does anyone know if SAP provides any tooling that can help with this migration?

SAP has "LSMW" - Legacy system migration workbench.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/87/f3ae63e68111d1b3ff006094b944c8/frameset.htm

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional info: I know that I can use LSMW to do migration using files from legacy systems, but I was hoping that there might be some conversion tools and/or mappings that have been specifically desgined for migration from Oracle to SAP. Anyone?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you will actually need to migrate - and what's technically possible - depends HEAVILY on how you use your current system and how you will import the data in your target system.

I'm sure there are companies outside who have experience with migrations of that kind but I doubt that there will be any "tool" to do the mapping because with the sheer unlimited configuration options in a SAP system that would be a very tedious task.

I know your intention and I can certainly understand that (I would ask too) - but I'm not aware of any automatic tools that will do the real work for you maybe someone else knows...

Markus