cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element vs investment order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

Please can someone explain the following..................

I have CO objects a WBS element and an investment order and I have posted budgeted values to these CO Objects. I have posted actual values to these Co object via the MM and FI-AA module.

When I display the budgeted values for the WBS Element and the invesment order for the fields BPJA-WTJHR the vaules are positive. Once the actual values are posted to the WBS Element and investment order the values are displayed differently on the table COSP-(WTG001-WTG016).

For the WBS Element the values are dispalyed as negative on table COSP -(WTG001-WTG016) and for the investment order the values are displayed as postive but both values for the different CO objects are expenditure which has occured via the MM and FI-AA modules Therefore can someone please explain to me why these values are displayed differently yet the budgeted values are displayed the same.

Your soonest response would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ropetra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By mistake you have not used revenue cost element wright?

Try to reconstruct the project using CJEN and CJBN and execute the report again.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please gop through this notes it may be help full for you...............

Planning and Budgeting Measures

Use

Using this function, you can plan and budget investment measures, even if they are not already assigned to an investment program.

Integration

All of the planning and budgeting functions of orders or projects are at your disposal for the corresponding measures. For more information, see the documentation for the R/3 components, Internal Orders (CO-OM-OPA) and Project System (PS) .

Orders or WBS elements that are assigned to investment programs cannot receive their overall budget by means of the budgeting functions in CO and PS, when the Budget distribution indicator is set in the program position to which they are assigned. Instead, they are limited to receiving their overall budget only by means of the budgeting functions in Investment Management.

Prerequisites

Certain restrictions apply when an investment program type is entered in the budget profile of an order or WBS element. When this is the case, the order or WBS element cannot receive overall budget unless you assign it (or a higher-level WBS element ) to an investment program position. Until you make this assignment to a program position, the fields for the overall budget and/or annual budget for orders or WBS elements are not ready for input and cannot be changed.

Activities

To plan or budget orders, choose Internal orders ® Planning ® Overall values ® Change or Budget ® Original budget ® Change.

To plan or budget WBS elements, choose Investment projects ® Planning ® Total costs ® Change or Budgeting ® Original budget ® Change.