Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role transport to QAS after modification in DEV system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have modified the single role which is present in one of the composite roles in Development system. This single role may or may not be present in many other composite roles, so is it required to transport the composite containing this single role to QAS or only transporting a single role will also work?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Aveek...

1. If the parts if Composite role is altered, i.e. single role added or removed -> Transport The Composite Role and not the single Role(s) you added or removed.

2. If the single role is changed (Authorization, text description etc.) but no changes composite roles -> Transport the Single role only.. it will update it's existence as well as the composite role(s) in the downward systems also.

3. If the single role is changed (Authorization, text description etc.) and also the role is added to a composite role or removed from any composite role or added/removed some other roles to the composite roles where this single role is present -> Transport both the roles... modified single role + changed composite role

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Dipanjan

6 REPLIES 6

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport only the single role. Dont worry with the composite role. Let me know if any issue.Only u require to include composite role when you add/delete single role from a composite role.

Regards

Aveek.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Aveek...

1. If the parts if Composite role is altered, i.e. single role added or removed -> Transport The Composite Role and not the single Role(s) you added or removed.

2. If the single role is changed (Authorization, text description etc.) but no changes composite roles -> Transport the Single role only.. it will update it's existence as well as the composite role(s) in the downward systems also.

3. If the single role is changed (Authorization, text description etc.) and also the role is added to a composite role or removed from any composite role or added/removed some other roles to the composite roles where this single role is present -> Transport both the roles... modified single role + changed composite role

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipanjan,

I understood your first two points very well but have some comfusions in third one,

1. Let us consider a composite role C, and a single role S. Initially the single role S is not present in C.

Now If I change the single role S and add it to composite role C, then is it required to transport both composite role C and single role S separately? OR transporting only composite C will also work?

because now we have added the single role S to C and after transporting C, changes in S will reflect in all the composite roles containing S intarget system?

Can anyone please guide me on this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is suggested that you transport both C and S as mentioned. Both the changes should be included in the transport.

Regards

Aveek.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Let us consider a composite role C, and a single role S. Initially the single role S is not present in C.

>

> Now If I change the single role S and add it to composite role C, then is it required to transport both composite role C and single role S separately? OR transporting only composite C will also work?

>

You need to Transport both Single role and Composite role... you can add them in One task (by using mass transport functionality) or in different tasks as well in same Transport.

> because now we have added the single role S to C and after transporting C, changes in S will reflect in all the composite roles containing S intarget system?

>

> Can anyone please guide me on this?

Not so ... as Alex has already mentioned.. composite roles are the houses and the residents (matter with Live -- here Actual Authorization instance which provide access to Users) are the single roles. So if a single role is changed then you need to Transport the S role too to update the latest status in target systems. C roles doesn't hold the whole authorization instances of it's single roles.. just holds the header information so that during User Buffer loading it can instruct to pull the latest authorization (active) for each of it's inhabitant.

Basically, point number 3 is the combination of Point 1 and 2 ... you may say... Hope the explanation works now. Else let me know.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can transport the single role and it will give updated access in all the composite roles which have it.

The composite role is just a container for the single roles.

If you have changed the role menu and this feeds into the composite menu (if you are using that) then you will need to update your composite and transport both.