cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

An user scheduled a background job,(the user is not existing in the company), we want to delete the job.

I have checked in all the ways to find the job in the sheduled mode, realease mode etc, couldn't find the job.

Seems that the job runs in hidden mode but gets cancelled. We also can't find in the cancelled jobs.

How can i find the hidden jobs , tried to look into the table but still the same.

I have tried to look in RZ21, it displays the job, when i click the job to read further information i get Error reading the job information. Also checked in SM21.

IS there any way to find the hidden job and delete the same.

Thanks

kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
We also can't find in the cancelled jobs

Then how can you say that job has been cancelled where you are checking it that job has been cancelled

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

This cancelled job is not found in the SM37. this message of the cancelled job comes as an alert.

I have tried to locate in RZ20, there i found the job, but the job information is not displayed.

when i try to display iget the error as ERROR in displaying the data.

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the function module BP_JOB_READ. The records of the job named in the message could not be read from the control tables of the background processing system.

I have tried in all the ways still couldn't cancel the job. Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SM37, choose dates that are in the future, such as:

19.06.2009 to 31.12.2099

you will find the job you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no luck. Any ideas to find at the oracle level.

Thanks,

krish

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are two things to check:

owner of job

owner of step

owner of job is unimportant. but owner of step is important because it's login credentials and permissions are used.

to find it, go into Se16, check table TBTCP

look for field AUTHCKNAM which contains the user ID used to run the step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the same. Still the same issue, couldn't find the job name in that table. But i can find the job in the table TBTCO, but no luck i can't delete the job.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any more ideas , it is becoming diffult to trace the job.

Can we trace the jobat the unix level and stop it.

thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i find the job at the oracle or unix level. Please let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends, i could find the job in table TBTCO not in TBTCP and also couldn't find the job in SM37 really it is wierd.

I am planning to delete the job at the sql level using the following sql statement

DELETE FROM SAPR3.TBTCO WHERE JOBNAME = 'XXXXX' AND RELUNAME = 'YYYYYY' AND SDLSTRTDT > 'YYYYMMDD';

In the place of YYYYMMDD what date i need to keep.

Will deleting the job at the production system will effect any other areas , can i delete it with the above sql statment. Because there is no such job at the DEV or QA system. I have to directly do at PRD system.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the SQL statement and delete it , there is no harm in it.

DELETE FROM SAPR3.TBTCO WHERE JOBNAME = 'XXXXX' AND RELUNAME = 'YYYYYY' AND SDLSTRTDT > 'YYYYMMDD'

or DELETE FROM SAPR3.TBTCO WHERE JOBNAME = 'XXXXX' AND RELUNAME = 'YYYYYY' ;

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There is nothing like hidden job in SAP System. You can try this to locate the job in Tcode SM37.

Put * in JOb name, * in User name, tick all the field from scheduled till cancelled, remove the both date from Date fields, now something imp, put * in Event field and also * in Prog field and execute the SM37 Tcode.

I am sure that you will find your job.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

Thanks for the reply. Tried as you suggested. But still the same problem couldn't locate the job in SM37.

Please help, any other ways to check the job at the unix/oracle level.

Thanks,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you changed date range & tried?

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with changing the date range also, but no success.

thanks