cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Record in MDM Using MDM API Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a requirement to create a new record in MDM using Java APIs.

Let me the describe the scenario:

I have a main table X. X table has a field called table Color which is a flat look up table. This Colors table is as follows:

Color Code

Color Des

Divisions (Flat lookup) again.

In repository display field properties is Color Code, Divisions. How do i get a unique record id for this table so that i can use the same to insert data in the main table? Any inputs will be very helpful.

Regards,

Yogesh Bhatia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

since it is a lookup table, it can have 1:1 mapping only,

record.getDisplayValue( ) ; should give you the required value of the record.

You would need the record Id of the first lookup table to insert into the main table.

<How do i get a unique record id for this table so that i can use the same to insert data in the main table? Any inputs will be very helpful.>

which table?

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jun 19, 2009 6:49 PM

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jun 19, 2009 6:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally all lookup table fields should be made unique. Because there is no sense in having duplicates and having same color appearing for a division more than 1 time. But above all it depends on the business senario you are working on.

If you have any doubt in making some fields as key or not the best person to ask is business user and decide whether a particular fields needs to be key or not. if the business user says that for a particular division there can be more 1 same colors then make division as key and color as non key and if he says that there will only 1 color for a particular division make both color and division as key. if the senario is color base you can ask it in other way.