cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin Error in Transfer Order Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have WM module in our project & one of the storage location for despatch is WH activated.

So Transfer Order has to be created after creation of delivery document. We use LT03 transaction for this by entering WH number & delivery number.

But most of the times we get one typical error "System Cannot Find Source Storage Bin".

We not able to trace out how we can resolve this problem.

Kindly help

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhananjay,

The reason for this error is that the system doesnt find the stock in the storage bin mentioned in the TO. and this is based on the stock search strategy set up in the system by t-code OMLY.

You can do this go to t-code LS26 and check where the stock is..... and change the bin in the TO and go ahead.... You wont face the error then...

And change the search strategy based on ur storage type in OMLY....

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Let me elaborate a bit further.

What I see in system is 2 types of storage types

1) 921 - Transfer Storage

2) F01 - Finished Cars Storage

The combination of storage type & bin looks somthing like this

921 TRANSFERS

F01 CAR-052-5

During TO creation from delivery, if stock is available at any of the bin in F01 storage type, the TO gets created properly. if not we get error "System cannot find source storage bin".

In this case we see where the stock is lying, it will be always at 921 transfer location. Then we change the storage type & bin to "921 TRANSFER" & the TO gets created.

We want to avoid this issue. Is it something like the stock has to be moved from 921 to F01 first & then only the TO will get created properly.

Are we missing any transactions prior to TO creation in delivery.

Please comment on this.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhananjay,

I understand that your problem is : you have stocks in both storage area 921 : which is transfer storage type and the F01.

As i suggested go to OMLY and click on determine search strategy. Select your warehouse number and u can see F01 in first place, give the 921 in 2nd column.... This is first solution

Alternatively you have to transfer stock from 921 to F01 which u are doing.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

check the following once more, many some mistake has happened

1.Define the warehouse number in Customizing under the path Enterprise Structure ® Definition ® Logistics Execution ® Assign warehouse number to plant / storage location

2.Define the storage types in Customizing under the path Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Master Data ® Define Storage Type.

3.Define the storage types in Customizing under the path Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Master Data ® Define Storage Type.

4. Create the storage bins.

regards,

Sudhir