Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Actually what are the proper ways to communicate between a functional consultant and an ABAPer so that projects are handle effectively.

Is it troublesome if there are certain configurations that required the help of FC due to system constraint that does not allow ABAPer to do the configuration?

ABAPer and Functional consultants work hand in hand right?

Thanks

William Wilstroth

William Wilstroth
7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

You are right, the abapers need fc's assistance in some areas if they do not have any authorization or if they don't have certain knowledge of flow.

It is really not necessary to work ABAPer & FC right together, but it is really necessary to be available for them if required, that's how you can make sure to handle the project effectively.

And also some times, you may need to explain them more than couple of times to get exactly what you want from them.

shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

This is a very subjective topic

My view point is Both the technical team and the functional team should be involved right from project scoping to the final deliverables and go-live.

This helps to handle a project effectively. Its going to be a learning process through out for both the teams. The Functional people will learn some technical stuff and technical guys can learn some functional stuff and both can work hand in hand to come up with a better solution to the end customer.

In our org we encourge everyone to be a part of the team and it has really helped to deliver faster and much better on customer demands.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice guys.

Sometimes i feel that some FCs is very fussy and sarcastic.

Some FCs are very nice and helpful and they even go to the extent of educating me the right way with detail explanation. Being an ABAPer, i feel that working with helpful FC are better than FC who are sarcastic and fussy.

William Wilstroth

0 Kudos

Hi William,

I agree with you and have experienced the same situations. But i believe that we need to take one step extra and build a good PR ( personal relationship) this helps in a long run. Its always better to have good PR's with functional guys as it helps to learn more from them.

Try helping them with technical topics and take interest in teaching them and i am sure they will reciprocate positively as well.

Try sending them few tips and tricks in technical stuff , they enjoy to learn new things and you can build a good PR with them.

Cheers

VJ

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

- Closing very old old issue, thanks -

William Wilstroth

0 Kudos

Can we know why it is taking so long for you to close the issues.

0 Kudos

The "Comment" field is not mandatory, but thanks for following up on your questions.

Cheers,

Julius