cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deserialization error [Causes and Cure]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is meant by "desearilizing error" ? Please provide information or links on this.

And what should be done inorder to overcome it.

I have a client proxy in SAP and i am trying to consume a WEB SERVICE from .NET.

The services has 1 input parameter which is String datatype.

But when i test it i am getting Deserializing Error as

'CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_DATE_TIME:XSLT exception'.

Please help. I am on the end of my wits :).

Thanks & Regards.

Yats.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have a look on this thread

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have already seen that post :).

If you will see i have replied on that post to provide the solution.

But it has not helped me to resolve the problem.

Thanks & Regards.

Yats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin

Try to send the data in yyyy-mm-dd format.

Regards

Sunanda Mandavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanda,

Thanks for the input.

But i have only 1 input parameter and its a string. I am not passing any date & time field.

Thanks.

Yats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question: what is DESERIALIZATION ERROR

Answer: When you get the replay from .NET server, it is an XML document that needs to be converted into ABAP objects. The ABAP proxy tries to parse that XML and populate the ABAP objects -- this is called DESERIALIZATION.

The way ABAP proxy parses the XML response from a remote server depends on what is the XML "structure" it was programmed to expect. That "structure" is described in XSD part of WSDL. If you manually trim WSDL, the inner XSD (schema) definition may be compromised, and although you successfully create the proxies, yet those proxies would be expecting a slightly different structure of XML streams. Hence when the XML stream comes in, and the proxy tried to de-serialize (parse) to create ABAP object, it fails. This is called DESERIALIZATION ERROR.

You mentioned that you could successfully get a single record, while when multiple records came from server, it failed.

This happens because XSD schema is telling the proxy generator to somehow expect a single record, instead of creating a collection (Array) of records -- again a schema mismatch.

Solution: You need to analyze the incoming stream of XML through a tool e.g. Altoa XML Spy. That way you would figure out if the incoming stream is according to the trimmed WSDL you used to create you ABAP proxies.

Answers (0)