File Upload error
I am following the PDF to upload the flat file into BW BPS via web.
I am gettign the following error when I try to upload a flat file:
WARNING: Errors occurred when executing planning function ZHEXITUP(UP Exit Function)/UPGRP1(UP Exit Group)
STOPSIGN: Value Abc is not permitted for characteristic C1
STOPSIGN:Value Bcd is not permitted for characteristic C1
INFORMATION: 0 data records were read, 0 of them were changed, 0 generated
I checked the exit function the code has no syntax errors and its active.
The characteristic fields C1 and C2 are data type char (10).
Please help me understand what might be wrong.
Anand Jain replied
The only issue is for the file upload instead of BPS you will have to take a BW route and here's how this can be done
1. Create an info-source for file upload. Data source should be flat file.
2. The transfer structure should be same as the file structure
3. Create update rules from the infosource to the transactional cube.
4. Create an infopackage for loading the file. In one of the tab of the info-packages there's a checkbox or radiobutton about master data (self explanatory, not in front of system right now.)
5. Create a process chain that will have following steps
I. Switch cube to loading mode
II. Start the info-package.
III. Switch the info-cube back
6. Create an exit type function in which ask user for the file path and name popup (you might be having this).
7. Change the processing logic in the exit function to first change the info-package with the selected file name function modules - BAPI_IPAK*.
8. Start the process chain. using APIPROCSTART*
A little bit complex but doable.