cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am following the PDF to upload the flat file into BW BPS via web.

I am gettign the following error when I try to upload a flat file:

"***********

WARNING: Errors occurred when executing planning function ZHEXITUP(UP Exit Function)/UPGRP1(UP Exit Group)

STOPSIGN: Value Abc is not permitted for characteristic C1

STOPSIGN:Value Bcd is not permitted for characteristic C1

INFORMATION: 0 data records were read, 0 of them were changed, 0 generated

"**********

I checked the exit function the code has no syntax errors and its active.

The characteristic fields C1 and C2 are data type char (10).

Please help me understand what might be wrong.

Appreciate Help.

Thanks,

Harini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: Before doing this Do I have to maintain master data for characteristics????????????? Is it absolutely must to maintain masterdata else will it not be uploaded.

Appreciate help ,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes master data should be existing for the characteristics. If you don't want to maintain it first the other option can be using the BW route.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

Can you suggest me the alternative if I dont want to maintain the masterdata in BW.

ie: The users can enter the characteristics value along with key figure values in the flat file without the masterdata being already maintained.

Is this possible ?

Please suggest..

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Harini

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

can u please check the same application of yours without maintaining for master data.This is because when I loaded the data I always used to enter a new version(a master data characteristic) and the same was running for me.

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am curious to know how you implemented it. I would appreciate if you can explain me in detail.

Here what we are trying to implement is , enabling user to enter transaction data like the sales order numbers and invoice numbers( and some other fields which are transactional in nature).

I tried to enter such data but the system gave me the error that I mentioned above. The upload worked when I manually maintained the master data , but for transaction data like sales order numbers we cannot maintain masterdata.

So can you tell me how I can enable users to enter transaction data via BPS-WEB.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only issue is for the file upload instead of BPS you will have to take a BW route and here's how this can be done

1. Create an info-source for file upload. Data source should be flat file.

2. The transfer structure should be same as the file structure

3. Create update rules from the infosource to the transactional cube.

4. Create an infopackage for loading the file. In one of the tab of the info-packages there's a checkbox or radiobutton about master data (self explanatory, not in front of system right now.)

5. Create a process chain that will have following steps

I. Switch cube to loading mode

II. Start the info-package.

III. Switch the info-cube back

6. Create an exit type function in which ask user for the file path and name popup (you might be having this).

7. Change the processing logic in the exit function to first change the info-package with the selected file name function modules - BAPI_IPAK*.

8. Start the process chain. using APIPROCSTART*

A little bit complex but doable.

thanks

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi harini,

First of all if u have maintained master data there is no need of maintaining key figures for the same.. u can check that out.

if you want to load the transaction data via web,i.e if you want BPS web page in which also gives you the option to select the file for loading then u have to go for ''how to flat file load...'.

But if you have the liberty that u need not have a webpage to select the flat file then u can follow the conventional way of loading which Anand has posted.

But this method requires switching of transaction cube to planning and transaction cube whereas the above method doesnt require the same.

hope it helps,

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand and Ajay,

Your inputs have been really helpful.

Anand-- Could you clarify the following:

1. In the infopackage do I have to check this:

Update Even if no master data exist.

2. Can you please elaborate points 6, 7 and 8.

In Point 6 do you mean asking the user to upload the file in a browse( If its this then I have it).

If possible please let give me teh name of the function module and where I have to include the function calls (the place in the FM code where I can include this).

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand and Ajay,

Your inputs have been really helpful.

Ajay-- could you please give me details of the method you are suggesting.

Anand-- Could you clarify the following:

1. In the infopackage do I have to check this:

Update Even if no master data exist.

2. Can you please elaborate points 6, 7 and 8.

In Point 6 do you mean asking the user to upload the file in a browse( If its this then I have it).

If possible please let give me the name of the function module and where I have to include the function calls (the place in the FM code where I can include this).

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes for the info-package "Update Even if no master data exist" should be checked.

There's an issue if you are using WEB for uploading the file then there's a small change that has to be done. As there's no link to frontend, after uploading the file into an internal table you will have to write the file to an application server with a unique name. Then change the info-package to point it this particular file and start the process chain.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I followed your point. But not sure how to code it. I would really appreciate if you could send me the code snippet to harini_mb@yahoo.com.

It would really help me out.

Greatly appreciate help.

Thanks,

Harini.

Answers (0)