cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing XI Database via XI Datasource ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to define Z_table on XI Data source so that it can be maintained thru SAP GUI, but want to access this Z_Table via Java and XI Data Source Connection pool.

By defining XI Data source connection pool on J2EE Server, I opened connection, but not able to access the table, it says table not found.

Did any one successful in accessing this Z_Table directly using java running thru XI and making use of SAP XI datasource (pre-defined) ? I know it can be done w/t functional module, but want to avoid this if possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I donot think you can...access abap table directly..through java ..

use jco and access it..refer this blog

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

The J2EE engine points to a different database schema hence you get "table not found". ABAP stack has its own schema and java stack has its own scehma. hence you have to find out the correct schema and execute the SQL query with the scehema name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand it is always possible using Jco/FM, but wondering if it can also be accessible using XI DB Conn pool as it is already pre-defined. how do i get ABAP Schema details?

Youc coudl test query via visual admin, it says u must register table using jddi before test it. I do not understand what it is talking about also?

Message was edited by: ravi appala

Message was edited by: ravi appala