cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapstart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In this path G:\usr\sap\DCR\DVEBMGS01\work we have a file called sapstartsrv.log,what is this file about??Whether we can get to know from this log when our SAP system gets started??How many days

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its a log file of sapstart service, that service is used to start sap at os level.

As of Release 7.00, the start service "sapstartsrv" will be installed on all platforms. This is a Windows service or Unix daemon for the administration of a SAP instance. Ideally, the start service starts when you start the operating system and does not stop. so sapstartsrv.log file belongs to that service.

please have a look on the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes70/helpdata/DE/44/F71B59E38E2462E10000000A1553F7/content.htm

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas..But I am not able to open the below link..Can you please forward me again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the avalible.log file in the work directory to know that the time when the system was avalible and when unavalible.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

sapstart.log will contain information from last start. You can check rest of the information in file called available in the same folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj u have mistaken it , the file is not sapstart.log but I need sapstartsrv.log...

Former Member
0 Kudos

sapstartsrv.log is again created during startup and contains only general information and some trace information. It may contain trace info if there are any problems during initialization.