Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc processing status based on Error/Warning message of material

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement like this.

I have blocked two materials across all the sales organisations.

I have set warning message for one material and error message for one material for order creation.

Now, when I create an order for first material, it gives warning and then when I press enter, the order processes.

Similarly, when I create an order for second material, it gives an error, the order never process.

My question, what happens to the order if I create it with the help of an Idoc in both the scenarios ?

If any one of you have worked on this, please let me know

Thanks,

Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

It acts the same way as you create an Order manually through VA01. The only thing is through an IDOC, all the fields automatically gets filled (through field mapping) and when tries to save the docuement it gives the failure idoc message with status < 53 (same error which u get while saving the order manually)

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the IDOC posting progs posts the information into the sales doc through BDC in which OK codes are called. This is same as manual screen entry. What we normaly do, system does it though OK codes in BDC.

So in your case, for warning message, system will process the order if the inbound FM is coded to ignore the warning messages.

For error message, even the IDOC posting prog will fail.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

It is handled in the way the FM is designed. If the Program that processes the Idocs are designed in such a way that it would ignore warning messages, then the order would be processed. If the material is blocked the idoc would fail and got in Status 51 giving the error message.

Mani

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mani/Sivanandam,

Thanks for your valuable replies. Do you have any idea about the standard FMs?

Do they process the warning messages in the Idocs?

Thanks,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge,It entirely depends on the FM that is used for your project.

Ask your JCAPS person which one they are using.

In our project,if we are getting an error message,then in IDOC processing also it will be defaulted to status 51.

I think in standard also if you select your order with the second material then it will return you an unsuccessful that is it will go to status 51.

For the first material it will be processed successfully.That is it will be in status 53.

Regards,

Krishna.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

For warning message - Idoc got posted.

For Error message - Idoc failed

Thanks,

Babu Kilari