cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Cost planning version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need a clarification... as per the client's business requirements, cost planning is to be executed in various versions before it is finally approved. As of now it is decided to copy this into zero version (approved version). What will happen if components & services are assigned to network when real execution starts ?

Let me give an example, Unit cost planning is executed for $1000. This cost plan is copied into zero version. when the user start executing the project, they assigned components & service in the network amounting to $800. As system takes this planning directly to zero version, will the total planned cost will become $1800 ? If so, should i not take the approved cost plan into zero version instead to copy into some other version and only use Plan 1/Plan 2/ Actual Report to see the comparison ?

Whether my understanding is correct ?

Regards,

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Goto OPSV ( Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects ), remove the Check box "addit" for Order category - 20.

You can copy the Planned cost from other versions to active version - "0" but you can keep order settings to avoid appending planned cost to WBS Element Level. So, even though user do network costing, network planned cost not appended to WBS Element. Hence your initial approved planned cost remains same and you can see in all reports.

Hope this clears you !!

Br,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your clarification.. I am aware of this but the problem is I have some other spceific scenarios where the Order planned costs need to flow to the WBS element based on which budgeting is to be exercised..

how to overcome these issues ?

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Then your thinking is right !! You should not take the approved cost plan into zero version and copy into some other version. Use Plan 1/Plan 2/ Actual Report to see the comparison.

Br,

Hari.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari.

Closed.