cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple instances of a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to use multiple instances of a view within a window. I've been through the tutorial on component usage (with the 2 image views, etc.), but I need to have over 10 instances of the same view each with their own context values, etc., and setting up a component usage for each seems counter-productive.

Is there an easier way of having multiple view instances?

Thanks,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy,

In fact, this is "right way" -- encapsulate "view entry" functionality into one WD component, then create N usages to this component from some other (embedding) component. Btw, it is possible to create and assemble such usages dynamically.

The overhead of such component usages will not exceed (significantly) other startegies (say, dynamically create 10xN grid of controls in one view).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

Thanks. It is the dynamic building of adding the view usages that I'm looking for. Are there any good references you could point me to for this? I can setup view containers an design time, but would like to put the instances of the views (one per container) into each container at runtime. If the containers could also be added dynamically, that would be even better.

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer this link for dynamically embedding a view into a view container.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy,

Bala is right -- in thread he mentioned I'd described necessary coding.

Btw, this question is raised more then once, so I have complete WD project with sample. Mail me to vsilaev AT gmail DOT com and I'll reply with this sample.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala and Valery.

I had searched the forum for the topic but I must not have used the right combination of words.

These forum posts look like what I need.

Thanks again,

Cindy