SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of Derivation Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In derivation rule, source field is Internal Order and Target fields are Fund and Fund center.

While positng transaction, Users will select Internal Order so target fields will fill up automatically in respective fields. But there is a chance to change that combination by User while posting the transaction. We need to restrict the user to post only derivation rule combinations only. If he is trying to post a transaction other than these combination then he has to get error message. If we are having any user exit please guide me.

Regards,

Sreedhar A

2 REPLIES 2

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

I think the best way to prevent manual entries is setting field status as 'Display mode'. By doing so, the FMDERIVE will determine the account assignment automatically.

There are other ways like using FMDERIVE attributes 'overwrite with new value' and 'issue an error message if no value found', etc...

See also note 658163:

o Check the derived account assignment in enhancement SAPLFMCH001,

component EXIT_SAPLFMCH_001.

o Include a customizable warning message (for example FICUSTOM001)

to warn the users about incorrect entries. In Releases IS-PS

4.62, EA-PS 1.10 or higher the message can be issued in user exit

EXIT_SAPLFMCH_001.

Anyway, cleanest way is to prevent manual entries in my opinion

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is the best way to prevent manual entries is setting field status as 'Display mode'. But we don't have "display" option in field status variant and in posting key field status variant OB41. Display option is available for master data maintenance only.

Is there any configuration required to have display option available in Field Status.

Thanks in advance.

Javed