cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call stops Java engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

A function module (RFC_READ_TABLE) is called from Web Dynpro Java application using Adaptive RFC model. When the number of returned data records is above 20000 Java engine stops.

It there any settings to increase Web Dynpro cache size or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made several tests and determined that FM cant get more about 20000. This number is aproximate. I think it depends on a record size.

Writing own FM and splitting data into packets is a solution but it would be better to set up RFC correctly. It must be a way to increase the data set size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I have one confusion regarding your thread :"When the number of returned data records is above 20000 Java engine stops."

How you come to know that it stops after 20000 records.

what u can try:

Create another custom RFC where you break your records into two table and then try to execute it from webdynpro.

Regards

Poonam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose this is not the FM problem. All these FMs work fine in GUI but fail in Web Dynpro. It looks like a buffer overflow or something. There should be Web Dynpro or Java runtime settings for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC - had the same effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 382318 - RFC_READ_TABLE

The scope of function module RFC_READ_TABLE is very restricted. E.g., due to the fixed maximum row size only smaller tables can be accessed. There are several data types that cannot be handled, and also there are doubts regarding the Unicode compatibility of the function module.

However, all this is quite immaterial, because the function is not meant to be publicly used anyway. It was only created to be used as a sample in various training courses, and is clearly flagged as "not released for customer".

Function module RFC_READ_TABLE should not be used as such.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is definitly the problem with the number of records: when the row limit is set data are transfered correctly.

It is not a problem of UI elements or logic: RFC model is not connected with the context - generated classes are used directly in the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After about 20 seconds after RFC call is made the application shows blank screen and Java engine is down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess It is not the problem with no of records.

Do you have any nested for loops (for loop inside for loop) in the code.

If you have some complex logic after getting the data from backend, just comment that logic and see..whether the problem with the logic or with the RFC execution.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see that data on the WebDynpro screen?

Or your application is hanging?

Regards,

Charan