Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

JCO difference between SAP J2ee 620 and Webas 640 for Internet Sales

Does anyone have some information on how Internet Sales manages JCO calls to R/3 or CRM on WebAS 640?

Till J2EE 620 the sapjco.jar file directory had to be in classpath along with the relevant dlls in WinNt directory.

WebAs 640 Java installation doesn't mandate any such steps.

How does this work? The jar probably is in the cluster/server/bin/ext folder but what about the native libraries? How are they loaded.

I am having problems making RFC calls to R/3 from a web application deployed on SAP WebAS 640.

This is not the internet sales application but a general J2EE application and I was wondering if i could use the same approach as used by Internet Sales to load the native libraries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bharat.

Tags:
replied

Hi Bharat,

From my initial analysis I found that ISA does not create a connection by itself. The J2EE engine already have pooled JCO connections. It is then picked by JcoManagedConnectionFactory of ISA and being used. For details, pls see com.sapmarkets.isa.core.eai.sp.jco.JcoManagedConnectionFactory method createManagedConnection method. I think missing library is not an issue ( pls go to b2b admin->version->JCO version, you will find library missing from path).

Regards,

Vivek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question