cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO difference between SAP J2ee 620 and Webas 640 for Internet Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have some information on how Internet Sales manages JCO calls to R/3 or CRM on WebAS 640?

Till J2EE 620 the sapjco.jar file directory had to be in classpath along with the relevant dlls in WinNt directory.

WebAs 640 Java installation doesn't mandate any such steps.

How does this work? The jar probably is in the cluster/server/bin/ext folder but what about the native libraries? How are they loaded.

I am having problems making RFC calls to R/3 from a web application deployed on SAP WebAS 640.

This is not the internet sales application but a general J2EE application and I was wondering if i could use the same approach as used by Internet Sales to load the native libraries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bharat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

The dll files are located in WINNT/system32 folder of the server machine. The folder is already in the path and thus it should be picked up automatically.

What exactly you get when you try making JCO calls using non sap application?

Regards.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

We have the WebAs 640 Java system running on a AIX server. I placed the following folder under classpath

/usr/sap/<SAPSID>/JC**/j2ee/cluster/server/bin/ext/com.sap.mw.jco/sapjrfc.jar

The error thrown is

JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc [Can't find library sapjcorfc (libsapjcorfc.a or .so) in sun.boot.library.path or java.library.path

sun.boot.library.path=/usr/java14_64/jre/bin

java.library.path=/usr/java14_64/jre/bin:/usr/java14_64/jre/bin/classic:/usr/java14_64/jre/bin:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/sap/RID/SYS/exe/run:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/sap/RID/SYS/exe/run:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib]. java.library.path [/usr/java14_64/jre/bin:/usr/java14_64/jre/bin/classic:/usr/java14_64/jre/bin:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/sap/RID/SYS/exe/run:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/sap/RID/JC15/j2ee/os_libs:/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/sap/RID/SYS/exe/run:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib:/home/db2_mgr/sqllib/lib]

The problem is a search on libsapjcorfc.* only return dll files and no .so or .a files.

Wondering how ISA loads the native libraries on AIX!

Thx,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

May be you need not to add any seperate sapjrfc.jar file. The SAPJ2EE engine already have com.sap.mw.jco sda deployed which takes care of JCO connections and related dll or so or a file. The name of the file I can see is jrfc.jar and not sapjrfc.jar. Please check if the file is correct in your installation.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

yes, it's jrfc.jar not sapjrfc.jar (donno why i write sapjrfc.jar here:). The classpath is maintained correctly with jrfc.jar.

Thats the problem. With ISA we don't need to set any classpath nor worry about any native libraries for jco with SAP J2EE 640.

However, if I try to make a remote FM call from a j2ee application to R3, I get a class not found exception on jco. By placing jrfc.jar in classpath, class not found exception is resolved but problem with the native libraries crop up.

How does ISA load these libraries??? or are they in some other folder oslibs or additional libs??? still searching.

Thx,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

From my initial analysis I found that ISA does not create a connection by itself. The J2EE engine already have pooled JCO connections. It is then picked by JcoManagedConnectionFactory of ISA and being used. For details, pls see com.sapmarkets.isa.core.eai.sp.jco.JcoManagedConnectionFactory method createManagedConnection method. I think missing library is not an issue ( pls go to b2b admin->version->JCO version, you will find library missing from path).

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need the CRM cook book can someone send me the same.

saurabh1976@hotmail.com

Best Regards

Saurabh agarwal