cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My project commitment cost is not visible for PO's with Item Category Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I have a problem. My project commitment cost is not visible for PO's with Item Category Q. I assume that as the stock can be issued against any WBS elements I might not be able to see the cost against a single WBS element. I tried to explain this to my client but he is adamant that he wants to see the commitment.

Also logically the cost should get recorded against the project right? Any idea where it could be or any config I missed?

Regards

Renjith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether commitment Management active in controlloing area.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you for the answers. My commitment management is active. I am facing this issue only for item category 'Q'. We are maintaining a project stock.

For PO's with item category 'P' direct consumption, the commitment cost to the Purchase order is visible in PS reports.

Any further clues on this?

Best Regards

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rengith,

Check statistical cost element is created for GL Account which is using for PO with Account Assignment Category - Q. If not tell your FI/CO Consultant to create a statistical cost element for that GL and now you can get the commitments for this PO also.

Hope this resolve your problem

Br,

Hari.

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

As far as I know , as per standard SAP,

Commitment does not appear if Stock is spl stock , item cat L , acct assgn cat Q with GL acct as balance sheet acct

Commitment appears with non stock material (Item cat N) , acct assgmt cat P with GL acct as P/L acct

With regards,

Mrinal

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Renjith,

what Hari is saying is right you have check with FI/CO consultant for secondary cost element for GL used in materials and maintain the same in OBYC.

because all cost will be capture up to GRN in secondary cost element as inventory account and wiil transfer to primary accout at the time of Goods issue.

All PS reports are cost element based report so to get thr report cost should be updete in relevant cost elements.

So create secondary cost elements for your GL with the help of FI/CO person and maintain OBYS setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For special stock items commitments won't get updated and the cost will directly appear as actual cost.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Basically when you are trying to use the account aaignment 'Q' and bringing in the Specail Stock. your inventory is getting updated.

So based on the t-code 'OBYC' settings based valuation type and controlling area combination with G/L account the cost will be posted on Balance sheet G/L account, which doesn't carry 'Statistical Cost Element" with Cost element Category '90'.

Go to FS00 T-code and enter the G/L which is shown in the PO and click on Edit Cost Element and system will give you a warning message remove that by pressing enter and save the transaction.

system by default take the category as '90'.

For non Stock materials system will show you commitments because the cost element is created with category '1'.

if you even the commitment is not showing for the already created projects try to reconstruct the project using T-code : CJEN and CJBN check the commitments.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Thanks for the active replies. But I am still struggling to find the solution. See my problem is I found an an old PO with assignment Q displaying the commitment cost in our development environment.

Our FI consultant has certified that there are no secondary cost element category 90 maintained anywhere in our system.

If this is the case how is it that the old PO has the commitments. I checked the WBS assigned to the PO in EKKN. It is assigned to only this PO.

Very strange and frustrating. Anyone who has pointers?

Best Regards

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

As i told you the GL which is going to pick up is based valuation class maintained in the material master accounting view for BSX inventory posting in OBYC t-code.

Ex: controlling area-1000

Valutaion class: 7000-

GL-790000

so the GL 790000 will be shown in the PO.

Comming to the old PO check out which GL it is picking in the account assignment view, now go to go KA03 t-code enter that GL account number, you can see the cost element created with category 90.

It is impossible to show the commitments with statistical cost element that too for assignment 'Q'.

Next step: create a PO with some material and check the GL that has picked up in the Account assignment view of material master.

Now pick up the GL account and go to KA01-Tcode and create a cost element, it will give a warning message as you are creating cost element for balance sheet item. skip that message by pressing enter and save the transaction.

Now goto PO that you have create change the value and save it.

Now go to commitment report, you can see the commitment fot that WBS.

else check in the table COOI by entering the object number.

Your problem will be solved.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Refer the S Notes 47992,498907,152571 and run the program RKANBU01 in se16.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PO commitment is reduced entirely if the 'Delivery complete' indicator is set on a PO or if you post a complete GR or Invoice Receipt. In case iether of these haven't been done you should be able to see commitment amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is all your POs are having this problem or you are facing this with only this particular PO. if you are facing this problem only with this PO then check in OPTK whether this Cost element is exempted from Availability Control.

If you are facing this problem with all POs, then check the Tolerance limit - Tr.group whether 01 is excluded ?

Regards,

L.Balachandar