Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Printing Special Charcters u00FC on Intermec Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to print addresses on an Intermec 3600, 4420 and PX4i printers and were having problems with any special characters like ü. A '#' is printed in its place. I've used Loftware to create the IPL for the Intermec printer, upload into SAP and execute using an ABAP program. Spool values in SP01 show the correct character but doesn't print correctly. Wondering if this is a codepage, character set or device type problem ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jim

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at OSS notes . I can see OSS notes on "Print on Intermec".

Thanks

Saquib

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. I went to OSS first and did

not find any information on this.

Thanks

jim

0 Kudos

Do you all use label Shop Pro ?

Can any one change my existing .tif file?

I donot have the latest version of Labelshop Pro.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

hi jim,

it seems ur printer is not supporting printing such characters.go thru the printer manual for configuring to print spl characters..

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Correct device type provided by SAP for Intermec printers?

SP01 might shows all characters ok because it uses logon language code page to display, but when it's printed SAP spool is converted to codepage assigned to the device type of the printer.

After printing, check the output request not the spool request, is there any log? if it's there, double click on it, it shows all messages during conversion from logon code page to device type code page.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

The bar code printed on the label has an extra character '<' at the end. Type is Code 128. If possible can you please let me know what might be the reason for this. Thank you.