Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in accessing query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange problem when working with BI 7.0, can you please help me out.

One user is facing some authorization problem while executing queries, he is using query through BEX.

In order to analyse when i copy his user id and when i go to BEX I am not able to find those queries which original user is able to see.

Is there any specific reason for this .

Regards,

Rakesh.T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

We have an authorization object S_RS_COMP1 which ll provide access to queries based on the owner of the query. In that if the owner field is set to $USER the user can see only the queries created by him.

When u copy the user all the authorizations will be transferred and now the second user ll be able to see only queries created by him and cannot see the queries built by First user.

Check if any of the roles assigned to user use this particular authorization object and check the owner field value.

This could be one reason. If this is not the case, we will check for any other option.

Regards,

Jaya.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Have u checked the list of authorization objects given to him?

Regards,

jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

No, here my problem is not regarding the authorization due to which user is not able to execute the query.

But if a user is able to see some queries through his BEx then copy of his user should also be allowed to see

those queries right.

Is there any way possible through which we can make copied user not able to see query of the original user.

Regards,

rakesh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

We have an authorization object S_RS_COMP1 which ll provide access to queries based on the owner of the query. In that if the owner field is set to $USER the user can see only the queries created by him.

When u copy the user all the authorizations will be transferred and now the second user ll be able to see only queries created by him and cannot see the queries built by First user.

Check if any of the roles assigned to user use this particular authorization object and check the owner field value.

This could be one reason. If this is not the case, we will check for any other option.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

for object S_RS_COMP1, user has full access. It is not restricted as mentioned by you.

Regards,

rakesh.T

0 Kudos

Rakesh,

After copying the user with all his roles, if u check any of the role assigned to him in PFCG u observe the 'User' tab in this role in yellow status. Only when u did user comparison it turns to green.

Just try doing user comparison atleast for the role which is providing access to the query mentioned by you. Because without doing user comparison,some times the properties wont get activated properly.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

User comparision and everything is fine.

Regards,

Rakesh.T

0 Kudos

Have u checked values for S_RS_COMP1 in all the roles assigned?

Can i know some more details? like how many roles assigned to that particular user...If this is less in number we can track each and every authorization object in all the roles..

Regards,

Jaya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check S_RS_FOLD under this authorization object hide 'folder' push button is X(TRUE),you cant able to see info areas under this info area only you can see the query.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

There are more roles assigned to user, and in every role object has * access.

I have checked in all roles which are assigned to user which has S_RS_COMP1.

Regards,

rakesh.T

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for the authorization objects s_rs_comp and s_rs_comp1 related to report execution and check the field entries for Reporting Component.Let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Rakesh,

Since you are using BI 7.0 and so the first user access might be given from RSECADMIN Analysis Authorisation, if the query access is given from this then when you copy the user, the new user wont be getting access to queries which are assigned through Analysis Authorisation. So, please check the query access user has from transaction RSECADMIN.

go to user section and click on assign enter the user name and click on display and check if both the users have the access to same queries.

Follow these steps and see if this helps.

Please give ur comments if this was helpfull or not.

These steps are only if you have used analysis authorisations access.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply, but we have used only role based authorizations.

so i hope this might not be the reason.

Thanks,

Rakesh.T

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Please check with user, users some time execute workbooks which stored in their history, and when you copied for new user it will not appear in history of new user, First try to find that query through path for e.g., Roles - > Folder.... > query....

regards,

Firoz.