cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Input as ZIP file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where my input file is a zip file and the zip as 2 XML files in it.( both xml files are different). I need to send 2 xml files to 2 different target locations. Can any one help how this can be achived.

Thanks in advance,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have a scenario where my input file is a zip file and the zip as 2 XML files in it.( both xml files are different). I need to send 2 xml files to 2 different target locations. Can any one help how this can be achived.

>

>

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Siva

the easiest would be to have an OS command to unzip the zip file and read the two xml files into XI, the routing can be then done easily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

when i unzip , i have 2 files with different structure in a single interface, so how can i handle this?

Thanks,

Siva

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shabarish,

>

> when i unzip , i have 2 files with different structure in a single interface, so how can i handle this?

>

> Thanks,

> Siva

do you have to do any transformation on the file?

what will be your routing logic?

ref for OS command - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

The complete scenario is like this:

1) Firstly i have zip which contains 2 files for eg : X, Y.

2) I need to unzip and send X file to target 1 and i get a response from target 1.

3) After i get response from target 1 , i need to add some values of response to file Y and need to send it to target 2.

Please help me in completeing the interface.

Thanks,

Siva

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the link I sent you. You should use BPM to collect both the files and then send them one by one.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shabarish,

>

> The complete scenario is like this:

>

> 1) Firstly i have zip which contains 2 files for eg : X, Y.

>

> 2) I need to unzip and send X file to target 1 and i get a response from target 1.

>

> 3) After i get response from target 1 , i need to add some values of response to file Y and need to send it to target 2.

>

> Please help me in completeing the interface.

>

>

> Thanks,

> Siva

i suggest you do the unzip of the file outside of XI itself in this case.

Maybe you can have a script which unzips these files and places in a particular folder from where XI can read for individual files.

you will need a bpm.

the BPM will have two receive steps for X and Y once X is send to the target then u need another receive step to receive the response. then you can have a transformation step to merge the response with file Y and then send it out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my comments

Regards,

Prateek