cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error - MDM server installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed SQL Server and then MDM server. Now SQL server is up, server sign on console is green, when I try to unarchive repository archive, I got database error: error to initialize database. (I uses "sa" to connect )

What is needed to configure MDM to talk with SQL Server?

Thanks a lot in advance!

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Looks like you are not using the right database instance name. Please use the right database instance name and let us know the result.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1. Is MDM Server and SQL Server are installed on the same system or different systems ?

2. Are you using MDM Console(which is installed locally ) to connect to remote MDM Server ?

3. Are you getting "Error initializing the databse" or "Unable to connect to the database"?

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

1. MDM server and Sql Server are installed on the same server.

2. I am using console (installed on the same server) to connect the local MDM server

3. I am getting "Error initializing the databse"

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Did you try by giving DBMS server name as server name or did u use localhost.

I would suggest use localhost and try.

One more important thing.

<b>Check your SQL Server Authentication.

Make sure Your SQL server Authentication is

"SQL Server and Windows".</b>

In the task bar you see the SQL server icon, move the cursor there and see what it is displaying.

It should be something like Running
<servername\<instance> - MS SQL Server

Thanks and regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

When i tried to set DBMS settings or unarchive repository, it prompt me <server name>[Sql Server] Initialization. Two entries are needed there:

Data file path:

Transactional log file path:

I set them as following:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data

then get error:

"Unable to set current database with database server";

"The MDM repository list schema has not been created"

I also tried to input as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\mdmsp3_Data.mdf" and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\mdmsp3_log.ldf"

still get the same error.

Please put some light on this!

Thanks!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the SQL server icon on the taskbar, it shows
server name<>- MSSQLServer. No instance name there as you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Try with out giving any parameters under "Data Path" and "Log Path".

When you don't give any path in the "Data Path" or "Log Path" it accepts the default database settings for the data and log

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried them blank. It failed to initialize the database schema. How should I create MDM schema. Do I need to manually create a master schema before I setup the DBMS settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can do the DBMS Setting while creating the repository or before creating the repository.

Both will go thru the same procedure.

You told me that you are using the local SQL server.

Just check the SQL Server Security properties using SQL Server Enterprise Manager and let me know what values it has.

If possible email me the Screenshots u are following I could help u out.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the security at SQL server and windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Which version of SQL Server are you running?

Did you check the log files for specific error messages?

Regards,

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

The Installation guide says "Change security settings from the default Windows Security to SQL and Windows" as part of SQL Server Configuration thatis needed for MDM Server. Because your security setting is already at this level, there should not be any problem with your security settings. I think the problem could be the name of the Database instance you are using as mentioned in one of my previous posts.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have installed oracle10g client and oracle10g in my system . it is asking for dbms setting . i am not sure wht's the dbms server name and is there any configuration th is to be done.

thanks,

kanth