cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Material is obsolete /inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a transaction to bill to the customer for PN 336001008.

MMBE shows 12 on hand for our plant 5625,

Yet when we try to do the upload, we get an error message Material is obsolete /inactive

The error message appears when doing the SD Program for upload. but MMBE, the material is available in my plant, but due to obsolete flag, not allowing me to complete the transaction.

What to do for resolution.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Thro Transcation code OMS4,select the value 08,then click on details, a screen will open there u make the message as blank instead of error in the inventory mgmt area and save .Then u can upload the material

murugan

Edited by: Murugan mgl on Jun 19, 2009 9:48 AM

Edited by: Murugan mgl on Jun 19, 2009 9:50 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you get the message that material is obsulate/Inavtive, and plant specifc material status has a different value. then you global material status at basic data view is set to 08 obsulate/Inavtive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please leave field called Plant-sp.matl status BLANK to avoid this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether material master is created properly with all the views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked al the views ate maintained in system

Hi

I have checked that field in purchasing view, the field called Plant-sp.matl status is not blank i.e. 07 (Not Spareable.)

There are other option is list i.e.

02 is for Obsolate

08 is for obsulate/Inavtive

09 is for Inactive

Pls let me know if Plant-sp.matl status field = 07 (Not Spareable) then i t would not allowed for process that part no in any transaction.

What other reason should i check for this error. Pls confrom

Regards

vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the materail master just go to Purchasing view and make sure that the field called Plant-sp.matl status should be blank.

Edited by: Manish Kumar Agarwal on Jun 19, 2009 6:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked that field in purchasing view, the field called Plant-sp.matl status is not blank i.e. 07 (Not Spareable.)

There are other option is list i.e.

02 is for Obsolate

08 is for obsulate/Inavtive

09 is for Inactive

Pls let me know if Plant-sp.matl status field = 07 (Not Spareable) then i t would not allowed for process that part no in any transaction.

What other reason should i check for this error. Pls confrom

Regards

vicky