Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one scenario , in export in process industry .details are here under:

1. we will send a quote to export customer(VA21) Print output (form) as Proforma Invoice .after due negotiations of commercials customer approves the quote and send PO .( mapped in SAP )

2. Now, We will create Sales order (OR) and then proforma invoice(F5) and take print output (form)as Export Invoice with document number XXXX of billing document type (F5).

This is necessary here as Export Invoice is sent to customs dept for export clearance before doing delivery it self.

3.once we got the clearance, wrt to sale order(OR) , we create Delivery Document (LF) and then Billing document (F2)and take print output (form) as Export Invoice which goes to customer with document Number YYYY of billing type (F2)

client requirement is that document number and date for Export Invoice taken from billing type (F5) which is given to customs dept.before the delivery should be same for actual Export Invoice taken from billing type (F2) which goes to customer.

How can we make number range and date same for the two different billing document types ? Is there way at form level ?

Please suggest

thanks,

Umesh Karanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In short for your case you need the same num & details in both proforma F5 invoice & normal F2 invoice. Correct?

If yes, then having same doc num is not possible. Coz internal / external, document num is the next running num. Consider a case where you have invoice combination / split. In that case your F5 & F2 doc num will not match.

So I suggest, you define a new reference num (a common num) which will be updated in both the docs.

Since both F5 & F2 come from the same sales order, you can have an export reference num with external num range with Alpha numeric characters. For eg IN013112345 where IN01 is your sales org & 3112345 is your SO num. On the printout, print the export reference num sothat both your F5 & F2 will refer to the same num on them.

The same num is updated somewhere (some convinent filed) in both F5 & F2 invoice doc header. You can use a field which is not used like text or additional data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply.

External Number Range is not possible for Billing type ..But can you elaborate common number please ....

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Yes its not possible to assign external number ranges for billing as per standard, but by using this USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE. you can achieve ur target.

But i will recommend rather than changing the process convince ur client. Because maintaining external nuimber is again a big headache....

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can use any existing field at the billing header level for eg VBRK-XBLNR.

In the save user exit of the invoice creation prog SAPMV60A, you can write a code to generate the export reference num.

Since your F5 & F2 invoices are from the same sales order, you can code in such a way that system will generate the ref num for eg IN01311234 where IN01 is the sales org & 311234 is the SO num.

Explain your ABAPer that you need to concatenate the sales org + sales order num to generate the export reference num.

VBRK-XBLNR is available in both F5 & F2 invoices. So as per the logic, system will update IN01311234 in VBRK-XBLNR for both F5 & F2. Same can be copied in the F5 & F2 invoice printouts.

This will ensure that both the proforma & actual invoice will point to the same export reference num in teh printout.

Explain the requirement to the ABAP. They can do it. As discussed earlier, suggest your busines users that since we cannot have same document num for both F5 & F2, export reference num can be used. Donot change the num ranges for the existing F5 & F2. Let it be as it is.

We have done a similar requirement for our project & it works perfectly.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I do had the same problem to map my current project scenario, This is one of the legal requirement from Custom's authority to fulfill the formality of ARE documents and a Gap in SAP.... Just explain client about the Prose and cons about the number range.

Solution:

Though F2 document will be generated with different number range that of F5, You can print the number range of F5 while taking the print for commercial invoice. for this you need to give FS to your ABAPer to pull the value from F5 billing number while taking the printout of Commercial Invoice.

If they want to have the document flow then it can be availed in the document flow for their internal reports and references.

This solution is accepted and currently running in the business.

Hope this helps you....

Jay

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i agree with Mr.Jay's solution and

I have suggested the same solution in the above in detailed manner...

reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivanand ,

Thanks for your time. Your valuable inputs have resolved our issue.Full points .

Keep it up. full points!!!!!!!

Many Thanks

Umesh Karanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Hope now yor quiry has been sorted out....

Jay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this...

Quotation- Profoma inv(F5){Receiving P.O from customer} - Create Sales Order - Proforma invoice(ZF5) with no.XXXX (send this number to Cutoms dept and get the approval) - Creat delivery w/r to sales order - Create final invoice(F2)with number YYYY( reference doc is ZF5).

Here u have to consider the proforma invoice ZF5 doc.no as ur final commercial invoice no. as this will not generate any accounting entry. Your final invoice F2 shuld have the reference document of ZF5, in copy control VTFL Reference number field. To achieve this use one userexit to get the profoma invoice document as the reference number. By doin this u will get tthe direct link between both the invoices(ZF5&F2) for future tracing purpose.

And you have to use one more user exit to restrict the multiple proforma invoice creation against the sales order for ZF5 proforma invoice, as you aware that we can create many profoma inv. w/r to one document.

In your final output replace the invoice number of F2 with the ZF5 doc.number...

this F2 document will be for your internal purpose and u can use this ZF5 doc.no for your commercial purpose

Hope this helps

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Jun 19, 2009 8:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

After reading your problem, i understand that u want the billing number to be same for both Step 1 and step 2 i.e XXXX = YYYY

My dear friend as of my knowledge if u will give internal number range for F2 and F5, even with the same Number range then also after some time the numbers will get differ. As sometimes it happen u have created F5 for some and and F2 for some....

The solution to your problem as of my view is maintain EXTERNAL number ranges......

Thanks,

Raja