cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport to BWQ issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If I transported one request, including different subjects to BWQ and the request transported failed.

Does it fail for all subjects in the request or can be only part of subjects in the request?

Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Request might fail for any of the query elements in the request.

Goto se09 select the request and click for transport log and see for method execution

It will display the errors.

Might be some of the objects are under $tmp then u can assign them to a transportable class

and re-transport the request again.

Or if it is due to some of the objects are missing then assign the missing objects to a new request

once this is successful then re-transport the previously failed requested again .

Hope this helps

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

Please check if you have observed the correct sequence of transports . If not then re-transport with the correct sequence . Wrong sequence always mess up the transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all of you.

I am sure it is a 'locked' issue. I communicated with my client and i detelted locked object. Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys.

I reponsed the wrong question.

My original question was if one request transported failed considers all objects depended on this request failed or not?

Ps: I transported one request, including wrong objects and this request transport failed. It seems that some objects succeed during transported and some didn't. I was hoping all objects failed to transport when it shows this request failed in the BWQ.

Thank you.

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If a transport fails, it doesn;t not mean that all the objects included in that transport "fail". Like if I am sending Cube, Update Rules, InfoSource and Query, and there was a problem with the Query so the transport failed. But still in this case the Cube, Update Rules, InfoSource will be transported correctly and active.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not necessarily, some part of the request can fail while others can succeed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

It depends upon what return code it ended with. See below

Meaning of the return codes:

0: Transport successful.

4: Warnings occurred.

All the objects were transported successfully. Peculiarities occurred for certain objects. These might not have been intentional.

Example:

A warning is given during a transport if the request contains an object deletion.

6: Post-processing required

The transport request contains documentation objects that were not saved in an active form, and therefore could not be transported. To transport these objects, you need to include them in a new request and save them in active form.

8: Transport carried out with errors.

Individual objects could not be transported successfully.

Examples:

- The original object was not overwritten

- A repaired object was not overwritten

12 and greater: The transport was terminated

A serious error occurred which normally is not caused by the contents of the request.

13: The transport tool was terminated by the operating system with a signal.

14: The transport tool terminated for an unknown reason. See Note 43552.

16: The transport tool terminated due to an internal error.

Other less frequent return codes:

The appropriate transport tool passes the above-specified return codes to tp. If there is an unexpected reaction by tp when the request is handled, tp might change this return code by adding a multiple of 100. The last two digits of the exit code are not changed by this addition. For this reason, if return codes greater than 100 occur, you should evaluate the last two digits as described above.

Example:

1204: Warnings occurred.

All the objects were transported successfully. Peculiarities occurred for some objects. These might not have been intentional. You must evaluate the first two digits of the return code separately.

Meaning of the additional return codes (multiple of 100):

1000: At the time of the transport, the setting in the transport profile was such that requests of the corresponding transport type could not be transported.

1100: Is no longer used. This return code was used when exporting C sources whose predecessor was not yet exported.

1200: At the time of the transport, the transport profile was set so that the transport request could not be entered in the buffer of the target system. The request therefore is not automatically marked for import.

6000: The target system is not defined. The request could not be marked for import to the target system.

8000: The request could not be marked for import to the target system. Usually problems occurred when describing the corresponding file at operating system level.

9000: The request was imported with unconditional mode 0 (overtaker) and must be imported again at a later time.

Procedure

4: Read the warniings.

8: Find out the cause and correct the error.

12 and greater: Inform the system administrator.

Regards,

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

Even though it fails few components with in the transport it is always to re transport complete request after fixing the problems.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does the transport log say? Check whether all the objects are in the request are in a transportable package or in $TMP. If you find any one in $TMP, just assign them to a package and transport again.

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well whats in a transport logs, is this request have error message 8 or 4 ehich is warning.

Thank you

Qandeel