Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Business Content Match/Install discrepancy

Hello,

We are to the point where we want to install business content and we already have other active business content. I am looking at two contradictory presentations when it comes to the install and match buttons. 'Installing Business Content' in the SAP Library says 'If the Install indicator is not set, the object is not copied or matched. In this cse, the Match Indicator has no effect.' But, at Tech Ed 2005, in the presentation 'Guidelines for Implementing SAP NetWeaver BI Business Content in a Customer System', Scott Cairncross said that you should never check both the Install and the Match boxes. I've searched here in the forum and multiple times people have been linked to the SAP Library documentation. Can someone verify that if you want to overlay the existing active Business Content, you would check the 'Install' but if you want to merge custom modifications with new business content you would check both the 'Install' and the 'Match' boxes. And checking only the 'Match' box has no effect whatsoever?

I do appreciate all the replies and help given to everyone, I've learned a lot from this forum.

Thanks,

Diane

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question