cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Content Match/Install discrepancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are to the point where we want to install business content and we already have other active business content. I am looking at two contradictory presentations when it comes to the install and match buttons. 'Installing Business Content' in the SAP Library says 'If the Install indicator is not set, the object is not copied or matched. In this cse, the Match Indicator has no effect.' But, at Tech Ed 2005, in the presentation 'Guidelines for Implementing SAP NetWeaver BI Business Content in a Customer System', Scott Cairncross said that you should never check both the Install and the Match boxes. I've searched here in the forum and multiple times people have been linked to the SAP Library documentation. Can someone verify that if you want to overlay the existing active Business Content, you would check the 'Install' but if you want to merge custom modifications with new business content you would check both the 'Install' and the 'Match' boxes. And checking only the 'Match' box has no effect whatsoever?

I do appreciate all the replies and help given to everyone, I've learned a lot from this forum.

Thanks,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

This is just a follow-up to let anyone else who reads this know that the SAP Library documentation is correct. I sent email to Scott Cairncross and he replied with screen prints and information that confirmed the documentation was correct. (Very helpful, thanks Scott)

Also thanks to Bhanu his link gets you right to the documentation.

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

That is the document I was talking about in the SAP Library. But I'm wanting to know if someone has real life experience with checking only the Match and nothing happens. Because if I check it and it updates, I know there isn't an 'undo'.

Thanks,

Diane

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Have you seen this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a66d5e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

The Match indicator is set as default in order to prevent the customer version being unintentionally overwritten. If the Content of the SAP delivery version is to be matched to the active version, you have to set the Install indicator separately.

The active version is overwritten with the delivery version if

. the match indicator is not set and

. the install indicator is set.

If the Install indicator is not set, the object is not copied or matched. In this case, the Match indicator has no effect.

Hope this helps...