cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the WSDL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a little stuck with XI as it does not behave like some other (simpler) integration solutions. In XI I have defined and configured some inbound SOAP services. AFAIK they should have the same entrance URL (SOAP address). And I know for sure that I get the WSDL from Directory... per interface.

Now the question. For the SOAP address, can I somehow get the WSDL for all services that are defined on this URL? For instance if XI expects SOAP messages to be sent to http://server:38000/XISOAPAdapter/some-url then could all possible interfaces be described at http://server:38000/XISOAPAdapter/some-url?wsdl

I know that some PHP SOAP servers act like that. I would appreciate any hint on how to get a WSDL with several interfaces defined in it.

Best wishes,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these~

/people/kevin.liu/blog/2004/06/04/wsdl-11-12-20-bp10what-are-you-talking-about

/people/kevin.liu/blog/2005/10/07/a-note-on-wsdl-and-xsd-imports--part-ii

/people/kevin.liu/blog/2005/11/21/describing-web-service-semantics-with-wsdl

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e2/36a53dc1204c64e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the blogs. Am I missing something about WSDL that I would need to read from spec's? My question is more "how to use XI". At least I tried to post it like this.

If I would rephrase my question then I think the question could also be stated as: how can I download the WSDL description of my web services that are defined in XI? (as "How to provide a WSDL URL to partners?" and not as "How to generate the WSDL with XI development tools?")

Hope that it clears my question

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at TESTING section

of this weblog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have access to our XI at the moment but I am pretty sure that the "Define Web Service..." action (You are referring to that?) gives me a WSDL of exactly one interface. But I would need several interfaces in one WSDL definition (WSDL as a standard supports multiple operations in portType and binding elements).

Thanks for Your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was correct. Define Web Service allows me to define exactly one message interface that is being defined as a WSDL document. And... if I would like to pass the WSDL to partner then I would need to redefine the wsdl after each change and send it.

I am looking for a functionality in XI that would allow met to send an URL to my partners. So if I change a message interface, I could send a simple note to partners: "Pleas update our services WSDL description".

Any other ideas?

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

I am wondering the exact same thing... And I'm afraid the answer would be: no way. (even if it's a real shame I guess).

Did you manage to accomplish this basic task some other way?? External tool?

Let me know, please. I'll soon be facing the same issue.

Cheers,

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Not sure if this is the exact solution, but wouldnt UDDI help? Everytime you need to update your WSDL, you publish it on your WAS UDDI and your partners can acess the same?

Naveen has discussed this option in his blogs,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/16/webas-a-step-by-step-guide-for-configuring-uddi-registry-on-local-server

Do correct me if i have missed something here.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, but this is not a Solution... it's something that we would call <i>accrocchio</i> in Italy, that is an ugly workaround.

And more, it's not even a complete workaround: the problem is also how to assemble several Message Interfaces into one single Web Service Definition, which is something supported by WSDL, and possible in SAP ECC, for instance.

I don't think there's a solution for this currently, neither in the standard nor in Naveen blog.

Any other ideas?

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

><i>the problem is also how to assemble several Message Interfaces into one single Web Service Definition</i>

hmm... I agree. There has been a lot of discussion on this in the recent few weeks on the forums as well. I remember more than one thread asking for the same thing.

It looks like a common requirement when going for exposing XI interfaces as Webservices ( havent had much real time work on this ) and hopefully, next SP's have some solution on this.

Regards

Bhavesh