cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another question about NWDI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

How can i, import to my local file system (my PC) a WD project who resides in NWDI track?. The thing is that i want to keep the active version of a project ...as a backup OFFLINE from the DTR...so i want to know if i can do this...and another question...if i keep that version o my local filesystem...after a few time can i import it again to the NWDI? (with merge and resolve conflict an all that stuff...) or thats is impossible what i'm trying to do??? Please help...i have read some doc...but i didnt quite understand it...

Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out this..

1.Right click on the DC ->Properties->info ->Location.

2.Go to that Location

3.Copy all the folders inside the located folder along with CLASSPATH FILE,DCDEF FILE,METAMODEL FILE,PROJECT FILE.

4.Create a new folder in u r system workspace and paste all those.

5.Open PROJECT FILE and modify the <name> under Project Description and save it.

6.Then import the project from the local workspace.

just try this ..

If u find any other solution plz share with us.

Regards

R Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahoo y Krishna!!!....well i combine both of your solution and it seems to work!!! YEAY!!!!...but know i have another question...if the project that i 'have tried to copy on my local filesystem...use a custom DC (not only the standard) also store on NWDI...do i have to copy local the other DC in order to get all project local?... i guess this is the shot... but i really want to confirm it....

Best Regards, when you confirm this to me ...i will give you the rewards point...coz' i dont want to close the thread yet....

MC...

Sahoo & Krishna YOU ROCKS!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

I don't think it is possible to create a local development component based on the DC which has on NWDI track.

You can try this option. Create a brand new local development project, add the required dc's from the NWDI track. Now copy the src folder from the old DC and paste here. Rebuild the project. Close your NWDS and open it. This way we can replicate the DC from orginal track to local developmet component.

Remeber the above mentioned solution may not work 75% but give a try. If you achieve this by any other way please share to us.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a project for Active DC. You can import active DC to your local workspace by right click on Active DC -> Create Project.

But you cannot edit anything in this DC. Active DC is just for readonly.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i know that....but how can i get the project in local file system....as a copy of the one who resides in NWDI....i know the only way that you change de active version is with an activity...wich i've created when i try to change the project that i have as a reference in my studio...but if i only want to "import" the remote project to my file system....with all the source code....how can i do that???

Regards,

MC