cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment term need to change manually in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can any one guide me does it possible to change payment terms manually in Billing document

i am creating multiple invoice with reference to one shipment(batch characteristics wise )

can any one guide me does its possible

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i don't think so. payment terms, like the payer and sold-to, is header data. it is a splitting criterion. there is also an audit/credit management issue with this. modification in the billing document itself is not best practice.

what are the reasons for changing the terms? if these need to be changed, they can be done on FI side after the billing document has been posted, using FB02. editable data include the baseline date and terms.

regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again...

it is possible to have different payment terms for one line item in the sales order and delivery. here is how:

1. your item category must have billing relevance K

2. after goods issue, you can partially bill a line item

3. after partial billing, go back to your sales order line item and change the payment terms

4. after #3, create another partial billing (take note of the payment terms and they would have conformed to the changes in the sales order)

if the batches were assigned in the sales order, the batches with quantities will appear as separate sales order line items, and you can specify payment terms for each line item.

however, if batch determination was done in the delivery with batch split, i do not think you can specify separate payment terms here. even with partial billing, i do not think that you can do payment term changes based on batches. the 4 steps above can be done, but you would have to calculate batch quantities manually and match it to partial billing.

if your shipment contains several deliveries, and each delivery would have different terms or if the delivery has several line items with different payment terms, invoice splitting will automatically occur without the use of enhancements.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 22, 2009 7:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to change the payment terms in billing document.

This field will be greyed out.

You have to can cel that billing document using VF11/VF02 T.Code.

You have to change the payment terms in the sales order.

Save.

Now again you have to create the billing document.

Actually these are coming from the customer master data.You can change in customer master also and then you have create every thing from sales order to invoice.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

thanks for prompt response

Do we have any User Exit to change the Payment terms in billing vf01

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

After creation of billing documents your could use T code FBL5N and there double click on invoice and there you can change the payment terms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not change the Payment term in the Billing document. If you want a different payment term, then simply you have to cancel the Billing document.

I hope, you can not change it in the Delivery document also.

As Payment term is defaulted in the Sales order, therefore you can change it in the Sales order(VA02).

Before changing you need to cancel all subsequent documents of the sales order.

After changing the Payment term again you can create delivery and billing.