cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with functional knowledge for abap/xi developers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am new to sap. I am learning abap and xi. I was asked a couple of times what are the modules you are comfortable in. please guide me where i can get the functional overview of the different modules necessary in a abap developer perspective. please send me any documents to my email at

jpkreddy@gmail.com

thanking you all in anticipation eagerly waiting for help

pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

You dont need to have indepth functional knowledge if you know ABAP and XI. Since you know ABAP you might be familiar with FI/CO,SD,MM etc. So all you have to know is what are the IDOCs, RFCs etc you have used in your development. If you are an XI developer you should know some basics of them only. If you are familiar with R/3 then for XI interview you can quote that you have the functional knowledge of R/3. Hope it clears your doubts.

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP there are more than 25 modules and you can not learn all -:). Basically it depends on your project and work, which modules you will work in. The basic modules are Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Finance and Controlling. Check http://sapgenie.com/ for basic modules and some information.

Thanks,

Prateek