cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records missing in ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am loading data from flat files i have 3000 records in my flat file, but after scheduling the Infopackage i am gettting only 2850 records. Can some one let me know, what is the problem.

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Then check the flat file. You might be having multiple records for the same "Key field" combination. If so, then only the last record would be updated to the ODS.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all the input, i have some repeated records in my flat file. so i have changed my key fields and took an infoobject that consists of Unique records into the key fields and it solved the problem.

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks dinesh i will check that out.

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Since you have field Record Count( Zrcdcnt), you can use this to determine if records are getting aggregated. Take the sum of this field for all the records loaded and if this is greater then the number of records added and equal to the records in the file then your probelm is solved. To start with just look for any record having Record Count( Zrcdcnt) > 1 in the data loaded as only then you will have Sum of Record Count( Zrcdcnt) > Number of Records Added.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am checking under the Details tab Under the Monitor. Below of what i am getting

Transfer (IDocs and TRFC): Everything OK

Info IDoc 1 : Application document posted

Info IDoc 2 : Application document posted

Info IDoc 3 : Application document posted

Data Package 1 : 3430 Records arrived in BW

Processing (data packet): Everything OK

Data Package 1 ( 3430 Records ) : Everything OK

Subseq. processing (messages) : No errors

Activation of data records from ODS object ZHRPAO01 started

Activation of data records from ODS object ZHRPAO01 sucessfully completed

Activation of data records from ODS object ZHRPAO01 sucessfully completed

SIDs determined successfully for request REQU_4BNT4TF6ZT248GN827WJEYDFE from ODS object ZHRPAO01

Log for activation request ODSR_24MCA4NB3XKZGSHHPYZR2JLOA data package 000001...000001

Data pkgs 000001 ; Added records 3,243 ; Changed records 0 ; Deleted records 0

Data to be activated successfully checked against archiving objects

Data to be activated successfully checked against archiving objects

Activation is running: Data target ZHRPAO01 , from 1,054 to 1,054

Subsequent update (requests) : Errors occurred

from InfoCube/ODS ZHRPAO01 in Target system BWDCLNT100 : with errors

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

As of noe i dont have any Data selections and Routines. Only thing i have is the Record Count( Zrcdcnt), in update rules which i gave a constant value 1.

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

In ODS, records with the same key will be aggregated and stored as one record. Depending upon the update method of key figures (addition or overwrite), values will be aggregated. You may compare the values for the same key and the result should match with flat file data.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Where are you "getting only 2850" records? Can you see in the monitor...could be possible that records are aggregated in the rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Check for these reasons:

1. Data selection in infopackage

2. Any routines in transfer/update rules.

Bye

Dinesh