cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Date After Month is Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD Billing Experts,

I am having an issue where I have invoices that come in after a month is closed. When I go into VF04 I change the Default Date to the 1st day of the current month which in turns it posts in current month. My issue is that I want to keep the original document date in the document date field in FI. This is for easy visibility when reconciling to see how many invoices were received from prior month that were posted on current month. Currently when I change the billing date in default tad in SD, the posting date and docuemnt date show the same date when it was posted.

Does anyone has any idea how to accomplish this? Surely I can go to document flow and see order date and delivery date. but I would like to see the original date when billing document was created.

I have seen OSS note 180756 but it did not help

Any ideas will be truly appreciated.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in table VBAK you should be able to see separate entries for Billing Date and Creation Date.

as to posting the invoice, i'm sure you know that the default billing date is the goods issue date, and which can be overwritten. even if the invoice is posted on the current month, payment terms still take the billing date (even if stated as in the previous closed period) as the baseline date.

please post your feedback if your concerns have been addressed.

regards!

Answers (0)