cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Performance related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Background: We are having a situation where we have around 0.6 million CVCs with historical horizon of 3 years and forecast horizon of 2 years in APO DP. The Forecasting/planning is done in weekly buckets.

My question:

If we increase the Historical horizon from 3years to 5 or 6 years, how can we quantify the performance impact on DP?

Assumption: We will increase our hardware sizing (Live Cache, Memory etc) for DP based on 5 to 6 years of Historical Horizon.

Looking forward for some guidance or matrix which will help is getting performance impact on DP, If we increase the historical horizon.

Kindly give ur inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

If you are parallelly increasing the livecache capability wrt historical horizon, I could not foresee any performance wrt DP. But some of the major areas where focus needs to be given are

1) Proper backup of existing data before changing

2) The end of the history period (start date or the date that is derived by subtracting the number of history periods from the current date, taking any offset into account) must be within the history horizon as defined in the planning book.

3) Initialisation of planning area

4) Livecache cons checks

5) Infocube updation once after horizon is changed

6) Necessary testings to be carried out in QA system before going to live system.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are increasing the no. of yrs. for CVCs then there will be cascading effect on system performence.

You need to take care of following:

1. Impact on batch jobs

2. Impact on process chains

3. Data upload time

4. Live cache related checks

5. forecasting impact

6. buffer clearence/table entry clearence

7. Data regarding BEX reporting

8. reference characteristics impact.

If any concern you have then let me know.

Better you can check with quick sizing. it will give you the clear idea. Here on this forum only we can tell the area impacted and I am talikng in terms of DP only.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

You also refer the documents as base under the below link to look into performance of livecache.

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700002538142001

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.