cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Attribute Tab and Role>Attribute Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the relation between option custom fields and sub-option attribute under option roles in CUP> config.

I am asking this because, i have created a workflow based on functional area and now i am getting two functional area options in CAD(select attribute) and in initiator.I know, from where they are coming from....

1.Custom field>functional area.

2.Roles>Attributes>functional area.

Under both options different values are maintained for functional areas,for e.g.AP and AR in first and Bank and Asset in the other one.

The strange thing to me is that i am able to view only values maintained in Custom field>functional area while creating a test request no value is coming from Roles>Attributes>functional area.

However, while selecting role(option selct role), initially creating request, i can see the values maintained under functional area(coming from Roles>Attributes>functional area)

Regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

In simple words, there is no relationship between custom fields and role attributes.

Function area under role attribute is referred as "Functional Area of Role" in CUP. The other functional area refers to the "functional area of the user". In a company, both these functional areas can be similar or different as an user from "AP" can have roles from "AP" as well as "FI".

When you are creating CAD, do not select functional area of role and you would not see the attribute values from role FA.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank a lot Aplesh,

I have one more confusion.Please let me know if i am right in the under mentioned config.

If i want to attach a default role based on business process,i need to create a custom field for business process(X),which points to the user's business process and map a default role based on other business process(Y) in option roles>default roles.Then,I need to asscociate the both business process(X and Y) with request type in initiator's attribute with AND operator,finally i need to choose both business process in CAD.

Would it be right.

Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I am sorry for spelling you name wrong

Regrads

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem, Mukesh.

Right now, this is the only way to achieve what you are looking for as we can not see business process from the end-user view. If you create request from approver view and click on the "more" button, you can see the business process association.

Why don't you use functional area instead of business process. This way you don't have to map fields.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

You mean to say that i need to create a new request type and select workflow type ERM and add roles in ERM based on functional areas,so that i can map a default role in CUP based on functional area.

I tried same using CUP workflow but in vain.

Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

I am sorry but not able to follow you. I thought we were talking about CUP. What are you trying to do from ERM? Can you please explain everything again?

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Actually, i was trying to make use of workflow type ERM in CUP for the default roles selection based on functional area option in the ERM.

In short,a workflow in CUP which uses ERM for role selction(based on BP or FA).

I am not able to perform this testing currently because our DEV is down to carry out new hardware changes.

Thanks a lot !

Mukesh