cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lookup System object and the alias..

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am implementing the Business Package for CRM.

I have created the SAP_CRM and SAP_BW systems and assigned them the same aliases as mentioned in the instructions in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/11/0584016208bc4988c3791d6213b6d0/content.htm

I have tested the connections to the WAS, as well as ITS server after configuring them from the portal system administration.

However, I get the exception.

Portal Runtime Error
An exception occurred while processing a request for :
iView : N/A
Component Name : N/A

Unable to lookup System 'SAP_CRM'. Please check the system object and the alias..

The error in the log is as follows:

#1.5#00112FCBC32C005E000000A9000007EC000412303370C08B#1145898137593#com.sap.portal.sapapplication#sap.com/irj#com.sap.portal.sapapplication#user1#95##LABNW_J2E_19311950#user1#15374a50d3b411da8f1e00112fcbc32c#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_36##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###ApplicationIntegratorException: com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.ApplicationIntegratorException: Unable to lookup System &\#39;SAP_CRM&\#39;.

Please check the system object and the alias.com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.ApplicationIntegratorException: Unable to lookup System &\#39;SAP_CRM&\#39;.

Please check the system object and the alias.

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.layer.SingleSignOnLayer.getSystemLogonMethod(SingleSignOnLayer.java:243)

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.layer.SingleSignOnLayer.processLayer(SingleSignOnLayer.java:55)

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.LayerProcessor.processActionPass(LayerProcessor.java:173)

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.AbstractIntegratorComponent.doOnPOMReady(AbstractIntegratorComponent.java:71)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.handleEvent(AbstractPortalComponent.java:396)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.ComponentNode.handleEvent(ComponentNode.java:252)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.fireEventOnNode(PortalNode.java:369)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.processEventQueue(PortalNode.java:800)

Any hints recommendations for the same.

Thank You.

Sumit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

Does your user has permissions to the system with alias SAP_CRM?

Regards,

Sergei

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I have assigned the user the appropriate roles for CRM- for instance Campaign Manager.

Is that what you are talking about? Is there some other permission to be assigned to the user.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Looking at the error, sounds like you don't have the system alias for the system. Go to system admin > system, look up the system you are intrested in see, if the is system alias there, if not add it.

Ketul Shah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

System is an object in Portal Content Directory (PCD). User of portal should have permissions to access it. Looking up is a kind of access.

Please go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> System Landscape. Find your system and right-click on it, then choose 'Permissions'. There you should make sure that your portal user has permissions.

You can read about permissions here:<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/2604e505fd11d7b84200047582c9f7/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/2604e505fd11d7b84200047582c9f7/frameset.htm</a>

There is an extract probably related to your problem:

" If an iView is based on a system object defined in your system landscape (see System Landscape), you must assign end user permission for the relevant user, group, or role to the system object, as well. End user permission assigned to a system permits the iView to retrieve data from the respective back-end application through the system object at runtime."

Regards,

Sergei

Message was edited by: Sergei Dneprov

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ketul,

I do have a system alias and the system configuration.

Sumit.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sergei,

The permission solved the problem.

Thank you.

Sumit.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sergei,

I thought for a second that it did solve the problem, but not quite. I still have the same problem after assigning the system to the user.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

1. Your user should have read permission for SAP_CRM System object in order to look it up.

2. Check the alias for your system. It's case sensitive.

3. Check that "user mapping type" attribute of the System object is set to "admin, user"

4. Check if the system available in Personalization -> User Mapping.

Regards,

Sergei

Message was edited by: Sergei Dneprov

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Working on it. Will let you know as soon as I implement it. Dont worry about the points. I will award them no matter what.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to system connection . did assign the role and user to permission and then selected the END USER PERMISSION and save it .

That solved the issue for me

Answers (0)