Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System was open using se06 and scc4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our production system was open in se06 and scc4 for sometime. Is there any way where we can find the logs of the changes done during that period of time.

Also if the system change option is in non-modifiable state in se06 and it is open in scc4, then please let me know if still the users will be able to do the changes directly in Production system.

Regards

Sagar

18 REPLIES 18

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the logs from sm20 and sm21.Log on to sm20->give Date/Time; User id->With Statistical Analysis->Choose all audit logs from Menu security Audit Log. You will get the necessary logs.

You may find the users who have used transaction scc4 and se06 from ST03N.

Regarding SCC4 the settings should be

1. No Changes allowed in Client specific objects.

2. No changes to repository.

3. Protection Level -No over writing

4. E-catt not allowed.

se06 and scc4

It depends on the users what level of customising changes were done. So it is possible that chages took place even se06 in non modifiable state. The details are provided below.

"The two (se06 and scc4) actually work in tandem. If you allow changes in System Change Option, you still have to set a client in SCC4 where these changes can be actually made.

But even if you "open" a client for client-independent changes, if the System Change Option doesn't allow it, you actually can not change client-independent objects.

If you close "all" clients in SCC4, you don't need to worry about System Change Option because closing all clients mean you don't plan to change anything in your system.

It's when you need to change client-independent objects that you have to worry about System Change Option plus SCC4."

Please let me know if u require further details.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Thanks Aveek for your helpful answer but in sm20 the audit table is empty. Do I need to activate any parameter to read this file.

Is there any other was as well to get know know the changes done when the system was open.

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the audit parameters and settings are not active. It needs to be done via sm19. You can check trough txn scu3 also for T000 table related to scc4 transaction and client opening which is already mentioned.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Sagar,

Did you try the way I have already mentioned in the earlier post? System change history is not tracked by using SM20. TCode SM20 is used to measure Master and Transaction data changes.

Please use the way I have instructed and let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Transaction Code: SCU3

Put the following details:

1. Table name: T000

2. Date period

3. Evaluation for : Tables

Execute.

Check the output when the system change option was changed (i.e. through SE06.. SCC4).

Note: If you mark the "Also Evaluate" Archived Log option.. then you should execute this in background. Otherwise it will be terminated as the runtime will take more than the maximum runtime of Dialog WP.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipanjan for your reply. But I need to check the changes done when the system was open in scc4 and in se06.

Thanks.,

Sagar

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you are aware of the User ID which was used to perform the changes when the system was opened. Check audit log for that user id to get the details of actions performed as Aveek mentioned.

If your SM20 is not in use, then you should collect Logs of STAD (for that time period), SM21 and of Modification Browser.

(P.S. Change log through SCU3 will help here also and give you the path where you need to search.)

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my statement was little bit confusing.Let me reframe my question.

I have open the system using se06 and scc4 transaction. And the production system was left open for 2 days. Now i want to check the changes done directly in this system during this time when system was open.

Thanks for all the help!!

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i am not aware of id's who did the changes. That is what i want to check who and what changes has been done when system was open.

Thanks,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar!

Since, you open the system, all modification, customization and Note applying are save into the change reqeust, Pleae refer to the change reqeust for the specfied period to find out the changes!

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP NetWeaver Basis

0 Kudos

> Since, you open the system, all modification, customization and Note applying are save into the change reqeust

This depends on client settings so isn't always true.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This depends on client settings so isn't always true.......

We are discussing here about the PRD client which was open since two days, this also the way to find out changes to be done on PRD client in last two days.

Actually, table logging was not activated during the client protection removing, therefore, he cannot get lot of the t000 table to determine what clients setting has been done in last 2 days.

Regards

0 Kudos

> We are discussing here about the PRD client which was open since two days, this also the way to find out changes to be done on PRD client in last two days.

Once again, that's true if the chnage settings for the client are "Automatic recording of changes" but there are other possibilities which leave you empty-handed as far as transports and transport logs are concerned. At least, that's how I interpreted your remark about "change requests".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/57/38dea84eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Jurjen Heeck wrote in response to:

> > Since, you open the system, all modification, customization and Note applying are save into the change reqeust

> This depends on client settings so isn't always true.......

This also depends on whether your development and customizing roles are in production, which they don't have to be.

If they are, then even a closed client or system is no certainty against changes.

An obvious example is that you can create programs in the debugger, or the developer uses himself as a personal transport mechanism...

My tactic would be to take a look through the repository tables to see what had been generated or created or changed since. No easy task as programs are generated very often, but it can be done with a bit of effort.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, system was opened for changes just for two days.

You can check the changes in SUIM.

in SUIM, by users, you can check what are all changes happened in the system by users and by their profiles.

in Development, if you want to check, you can check the transport request that had been raised by the developers.

Hope this would help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> in SUIM, by users, you can check what are all changes happened in the system by users and by their profiles.

That would give you changes in the user and authorization administration. That can happen anytime, regardless of client settings so there is no additional risk to check for.

The client change options control repository and customizing object changeability.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repository comparion will be the best tool to determine the changes and differences in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

Se06 is for post instillation activity only.

Scc4 tcode has to user for change in client.

while doing this active switch on trace in st01.

After the active switch off trace, that log while help full.

Best Regards

Dilip Pasila