cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to hide the complete field "Product Category" on the BBP_QUOT service for the vendor bid search page..

Steps followed:

Created a Z Screen Variant for ZBBP_SEARCH_QUOT...and checked the Invisible button on the Screen values 2004 Program SAPLBBP_PDH_SEARCH..

trying to implement the Screen Variant Badi but not able to figure an appropriate method for the object Bid (BUS2202)..we tried using GET_SCREENVARIANT_SEARCH method but didnot work..

would appreicate any inputs..

Cheers

Manoj A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

even if you can create screen variants in the workbench,

corresponding program must be designed to handle it.

If you look at screen variant BADI help, there is no case for BBP_QUOT.

So I don't think the search help result make use of screen variant for BBP_QUOT.

This is confirmed by looking at PBO of 2004: in FORM screen_variant_set that calls this BADI, nothing is done for QUOTE:

CASE gv_sub_result.

WHEN '3001'.

lv_scvariant = 'BBP_SEARCH_PO'.

WHEN '4001'.

lv_scvariant = 'BBP_SEARCH_SC'.

WHEN '3003'.

lv_scvariant = 'BBP_SEARCH_PO_IN_PO'.

WHEN '2001'.

lv_scvariant = 'BBP_CHANGE_CF'.

WHEN '2002'.

lv_scvariant = 'BBP_CHANGE_IV'.

ENDCASE.

IF lv_scvariant IS INITIAL.

RETURN.

ENDIF.

So, you would have to change this standard form, and maybe also the HTML template that might not be dynamic to hide/display columns.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for showing the program.. i will ask some of the developers to look into it and see what modifications can be done...

but was just wondering y SAP has not come up with BAdi methods for Bid_invitaions and Quotations on screen variants like they have for the other Buss-objects.. donno if it will hamper any of the functionality for Quots and Bid_invs..

thanks for clearing my doubt.

Regards

Manoj A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I don't think it will hamper any functionality if you implement it by yourself.

This is only the display side.

Why SAP has not come up with BAdi methods for Bid_invitaions and Quotations on screen variants like they have for the other Buss-objects ?

As usual: because of lack of budget & time...

Rgds

Christophe