cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Base

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me finding some business scenarios examples where promotion bases are used?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LCD 777,

Promotion base can be selected based on the usage in business scenario.

There are some case in which static promotion can be used which have fixed percentage distribution quantities per time period that are applied to the total promotion quantity. The promotional quantities are not changed automatically during promotion execution. Manual changes are possible.

There are cases in which dynamic promotion quantity will be calculated are replenished with initial quantities and then during the promotion execution replenishments are based on promotion sales. The only automated decision factor is the time of the replenishment, which should be determined based on reaching or exceeding thresholds (expressed as a percentage of total promotional quantity).

There are scenarios wherein we can plan reactive promotion are planned based on initial distribution quantities that are then updated during promotion execution based on a comparison of an expected sales pattern with actual sales The update can be set by the user to be either an adjustment of the total quantity or a redistribution of the remaining quantity.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to be more specific with my question...

I am asking about the transaction /SAPAPO/MP40 - Maintain Promotion Base in Demand Planning...In the manual it is said the next: "Using a promotion base for planning promotions makes it easier to identify the effects of individual promotions".

Can you please give me a real example where a promotion base is used?

Thanks in advance