cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export crystal report 8 to pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I 'm using vb6 and crystal reports 8. I want from my code to export the printout to pdf.

crReport.ExportOptions.DestinationType = crEDTDiskFile

crReport.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = App.Path & "\test.pdf"

crReport.ExportOptions.FormatType = crEFTPortableDocFormat

crReport.Export False

First it said missing dll or out of date. It seemed u2fpdf.dll wasn't present at \windows\crystal directory. Don't know why, though I did a full install. I downloaded the pdf and put it there but now I get an error:

failed to export file

Any ideas on how to solve it?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ExportFormats I have only this:

FILE LOCATION DESCRIPTION

U2FCR.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Crystal Reports format

U2FDIF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL DIF format

U2FHTML.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL HTML format

U2FODBC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL ODBC data source

U2FPDF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL PDF format

U2FDEF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Report Definition format

U2FREC.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Record format

U2FRTF.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Rich Text Format

U2FSEPV.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Comma Separated Values format

U2FTEXT.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Text format

U2FWKS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Lotus 1-2-3 format

U2FWORDW.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Word for Windows format

U2FXLS.DLL \WINDOWS\CRYSTAL Microsoft Excel format

I do have that dll. Though I don't have the ExportModeller.dll. I searched in the net but could only find v9 or v8.5 not v8 which I have. Where can I find those DLLs?

0 Kudos

Those 2 dll's Dan mentioned were introduced in CR 8.5 or they are located in the \Program files\Crystal.... somewhere. Been a long time and I don't recall the exact location. Search your PC for the files.

What report engine are you using, crpe32.dll or craxdrt.dll or the OCX control?

What version of u2lpdf.dll did you copy to the \windows\crystal folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>What version of u2lpdf.dll did you copy to the \windows\crystal folder?

It for crystal reports 8. At least that's what I downloaded.

>>What report engine are you using, crpe32.dll or craxdrt.dll or the OCX control?

I think craxdrt.dll. I have a variable Private crReport As CRAXDRT.Report which has the export methods.

As far as the dll's are concerned I have installed both 8 & 9 (for development) but not 8.5. Anyway the customer has only CR 8. But couldn't you export to PDF prior to 8.5?

thanks for your answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

As stated, it has been awhile.... I believe there was a download for version 8.0 to be able to export to PDF. But, I think you also had to have installed the latest hot fix updates for version 8. I'm not sure if those are still available or not, but have a look in the Downloads section of our support page. If it is working on your system, but not the customers, you probably have newer versions of the files that need to be distributed to the customer. Try the Modules utility to compare what you are running as opposed to the customer.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Still need the versions?

And it's u2fpdf.dll not u2lpdf.dll as I noted

Right click on the file in explorer and the Version tab.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to rebuild a windows server running crystal 8 with web extender and i am missing a update to cr8.

My looking for scr8-pdfexportdriver.zip

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a clue where that file might be - if it is anywhere. I searched our downloads page:

http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

google and a few internal servers with no luck. It's tough to look for a 12 or 13 year old file.

Ludek

0 Kudos

Crystal Reports 8.0 is so old now no one remembers if it worked. I suggest upgrading to a more current version. Preferable Cr 9 or above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly the same error occurs.

I also tried to put various dlls as reference in my VB project (ExportType Modeller) but this error keeps on

I know CR8 are old but changing to other version is just to hard right now.

I don't understand whether this is a setup problem in my machine or does everyone has a problem with exporting pdf with CR8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all the module for pdf (u2fpdf.dll) is version 8.0.100.13.

But I don't understand version 8 had support for pdf export but it didn't worked well? Because I have an option .Export in PDF but it says it failed to do it.

I also have installed two hotfixes for version 8 but same error occurs. Besides I can't find a proper link for crystal 8 hotfix downloads...

UPDATE:

I found this page https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

It only has Database and Export Drivers Monthly Hot Fix (French) (and in german also) which I installed but nothig happend.

Still have the same error

Edited by: gong_planet on Jun 22, 2009 12:58 PM

0 Kudos

CR 8.0 is way past it's update cycle and at the time we only had access to our FTP site to download updates.

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/EHF/cr80devwin_en.zip

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/EHF/cr80mainwin_en.zip

If either of these don't fix your issue your only option is to update Crystal Reports to CR XI R2 ( 11.5 )

Updates to the Operating system and dependencies may have broken 8.0 past the point of ever getting it to work now due to third party dependencies. If you do find a working PC then use Process Explorer and Modules to get the exact versions of the dll's that the app is using and use them only.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to export to PDF you have to deploy some dependency files as well. Open your Runtime Help file - search for runtime.hlp - and look up Export Formats. Under PDF you'll see there are Additional Requirements for Page Range Export. Make sure you've deployed the extra files listed under Additional Components. They're Exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher