cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for Project Coding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can we define a number range for the Project Coding?

My need is to redefine the Project coding structure which is currently maintained with proper numbering (Ex: A-001 and A-002). When I am redefining the project coding structure if I want to replace the character u201CAu201D with u201CAAu201D, the new project which will be create according to the new codification should be (Ex: AA-003). In this case how I prevent the use of project code u201CAA-001u201D and u201CAA-002u201D in the future.

Very much appreciate your suggestions.

Dileepa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have already defined a coding mask using "A" ( for A-001, A-002 etc) the system will not allow you to use "AA" coding mask because you have already used A once.

If you have not defined many projects then delete the old mask and define the new mask or else use some other character then A such as CC or DD etc.

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

Your first requirement,

> Can we define a number range for the Project Coding?

We can't maintain number range for project Codes but we can give specific coding to maintain all projects in the significant way.

Your requirement can be achieved with validations while creating projects with those codes. You can redefine the project coding structure but you should be careful on settings made for special characters in OPSK, as there are few projects already exist in the system.

If you want the system to stop creating project with the existing coding mask, ( i.e A-XXX ) you can lock this coding mask in OPSJ (tick the check box - Lck).

Now you can define the new project coding mask with AA-XXX but before, check the length of the coding key in OPSK. It should be atleast 2 or more.

Coming to your other requirement,

> how I prevent the use of project code u201CAA-001u201D and u201CAA-002u201D in the future.

Use validation for Project definition to start the Project Code with your required start number.

Hope this helps you...

Br,

Hari.

Edited by: Hari Krishna Kudaravalli on Jun 18, 2009 8:03 PM