Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming JMS message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

I am new to JMS Adapter and have a scenario which sounds difficult

I have a Mesage arriving in JMS queue which will be a collection of invoices , again to be posted onto IDOCS in ECC

Is the Queue message format XML, usually or does it come as a file ?

The structure of the message will be such that few of the nodes will be present if it comes from one source and will not be present when it comes from the others,

Is there a standard way to differentiate on the basis of the incoming message, in JMS adapter functionality or a code has to be written ?

Do i need to be a Core Java coder to use JMS adapter ??

please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JMS supports both XML and Flat files.

if you get Flat file,you need to do File content conversion via modules in adapter itself(these are standard modules provided by SAP,just search for them on SDN).

>>The structure of the message will be such that few of the nodes

Simply use conditional receiver determination for this.

>>Do i need to be a Core Java coder to use JMS adapter ??

Not really

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir

Thanks for you help

If you could forward me some blogs or articles (How to) on what is conditional receiver determination and the same specific to JMS it'd be great

I will by the time keep my search on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

There are several blogs/articles on SDN which talk about Conditional receiver determination.

I made a quick search and found these two

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Receiver determination is independant of adapter you are using,so its going to be same if you use JMS or any other adapter.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use JMS adapter to pick up particular messages from one queue, please reference my wiki:

Usage of Message Selector for JMS Sender Adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/usage%252bof%252bmessage%252bselector%252bfor%...

If you want to use receiver adatpers to route different message to different receivers, then you can use conditional routing as Aamir replied you.

Regards.

Liang

Answers (0)