cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS in BI 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the differences between BPS in BW3.5 versus BPS in BI 7. Are there any notable changes in the functionality/ look and feel aspects? I have a requirement wherein the user should be able to plan using the excel functionality and have a similar look as a BW report wherein the user can select filter values in the Query for all Hierarchies/ Master Data and should be able to plan. I was given to understand that this is something available in BI7.

Thanks in advance for the help.

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AK,

Whatever you were doing in BW3.5 BPS, you should be able to do that in NW2004s. Apart from that, there are additional features in new version.

Please go through this thread

/message/1332154#1332154 [original link is broken]

Have a look at following points to see the relation between planning tools in both versions (3.5 and 2004s)

• Both planning tools use the same data basis and can be operated in parallel in one system. It is not necessary to migrate existing planning applications.

• Some functions (such as, lock procedure and formulas) are used by both BW-BPS and BI integrated planning.

• In BI integrated planning, most of the BEx and OLAP analysis functions are also available with planning applications. In comparison with BW-BPS, you need a smaller number of objects (for example, by using the same variables in analysis and planning) and tools (Query Designer and Web Application Designer).

• Using the Business Explorer for planning makes it possible to build integrated analytical applications that comprise planning and analysis functionality.

• Since a large number of BW-BPS concepts are also used in BI integrated planning (for example, planning levels, planning functions, planning sequences, characteristic relationships, data slices), you can, if necessary, switch to BI integrated planning from BW-BPS with minimal effort.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen