cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access RFC messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're using xMII 12.0.7 Build(19) and we're trying to access messages that were successfully sent to the Message listener. The Message Rule has been configured so that the message is categorized. From the ERP side, we're using a tRFC call to post data to xMII.

Although the message is displayed as "categorized" in the message monitor, I have some problems in understanding how to access the data. My naive understanding is to use the action type "Query Message" to retrieve a list of messages and thus their respective Message IDs. However, the BufferListDoc XML never contains any meaningful data, i.e. it always looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><JCOMessageList/>

I have tried numerous configurations of the "Query Message", to no avail. How do I correctly access messages stored under a category?

Thanks for your help,

best regards,

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep in mind case sensitivity for the Category name, and make sure the date range covers when the message was received.

If you have direct DB access to the XMII_ table space in the NW database then you can confirm additional details about the message records contained and best align the action block settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

sigh, obviously a beginner's error. Indeed, after checking again the correct selection criteria for the query action, there is a proper XML describing the messages under this category. I'm now able to access the data sent by tRFC as expected.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <JCOMessageList>
  <JCOMessage>
   <MessageId>3</MessageId>
   <JcoServerName>IDOC_LISTENER_E12</JcoServerName>
   <MessageName>Z_WH_CALL_XMII_RFC_LISTENER</MessageName>
   <Category>MII_IDOC</Category>
   <MessageType>1</MessageType>
   <Status>6</Status>
  <DocNumber></DocNumber>
 </JCOMessage>
</JCOMessageList>